2001 Lexus RX 300

One of the best, by Kevin in Colorado on 08/27/2002. Trim: 2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas milage
Cons: turning radius is poor, needs a 5th gear for hiway speed cruising
Overall review: Wonderful vehicle..would buy another in a heartbeat
Best SUV by ECQ from Rockville on 02/24/2013. Trim: 2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have owned my RX300 for almost 12 years - and have kept it because it is very reliable, excellent quality and trouble-free. It is fun to drive, which is a good thing as I often drive long distances.
Cons: Only one small complaint - it needs a wide turning radius - and if in a tight space (parking garage) - takes some practice.
Overall review: I have owned Toyotas in the past, but never a Lexus. This is a wonderful SUV, and would definitely recommend it (and do) for anyone looking for the versatility and style it provides. I only have about 135K miles on it - my dealer tells me that they have customers with over 250K miles! I plan on keeping it as long as possible.
Sliversport - 8 Months Later by A CarPoint Consumer on 03/25/2002. Trim: 2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is the eight month check in. Purchased 8/01. 8500 miles later: Love the car except for the "CONS" below.
Cons: 1. Dashboard rattles. Thought it was the driver's side tweeter. Dealer "fixed" the problem. Still rattling. 2. Ticking sound from under the hood. Dealer said due to cold outdoor temperature (still ticking at 60 degrees). Promised that nothing is wrong with the car. Except that it makes the ticking sound.
Overall review: Great car - the Silversport is a real head-turner. Great in the Michigan snow and ice. Disappointed by the dash rattle and the mysterious "ticking" sound from under the hood. Expected better from Lexus.
9 out of 10 Rating For this Beauty by Hater of Plastic Engine Parts on 12/01/2008. Trim: 2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The minute you sit in the vehicle, you know you are in a quality vehicle. The interior is beautiful with its wood trim. The ride is smooth and pretty luxurious for an SUV. Very dependable vehicle and I am looking forward to the fact I know it will hold its value well. My boyfriend calls the side view mirrors "ears" as they are nice and large and also I feel very safe in my Lexus. I previously owned a Buick LeSabre which was, although very comfortable and great winter car to drive, had plastic plenum (sp.) and started having too many problems under the hood. I live in the Midwest and this is a top vehicle for winter driving.
Cons: A little cramped for a tall driver. The turning radius is not great.
Overall review: Of course had to have the timing belt changed at just below 90T miles which I know is pretty much the norm for Toyota vehicles. Other than that I do not expect any problems.
Absolutely LOVE IT! by MortgageGuy from St. Louis MO on 06/23/2004. Trim: 2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like this SUV's perfect combination of details, great quality and relaibility and timeless styling. There's nothing you will not like. Very nice interior, great stereo, plenty of space.
Cons: The only thing to complain about is a very wide turning circle. Don't even try U-turns!
Overall review: SUV for anybody. It's got a lot of space, good size trunk, styling that continues to look good (to me this generation's styling is better looking than the new model). Performance is decent unless you want to race in circle's around shopping malls. Anywhere you look, anything you touch you can feel luxury. It is definitely an urban car. Have tested other comparable SUVs and nothing comes close. Absolutely LOVE IT!