2001 Chevrolet Suburban

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Prices
2001 Chevrolet Suburban Fuel Economy
Perfect for large the large family. by JTW from Dallas. on 12/04/2002. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A lot of room for large families. More than adequate power. Comfort and value with the LT package. Helpful traction control feature. Very good climate control. Tows just about anything with ease. A wonderful highway cruiser.
Cons: Cheap plastic on the dash. No rear wiper on the "barn doors". Towing hitch is not a standard feature (it should be, as this is a vehicle designed for towing). Problematic throttle body, GM replaced with no fuss. Aparently this is a problem with 6 million plus GM cars and trucks, the part has been re-machined and I have experienced no further difficulties.
Overall review: My wife and I traded our 2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan (what Texan wouldn't?) for the 01 Suburban. We purchased the Suburban because it's the largest family vehicle on the road (the Ford Excursion is being discontinued), and we needed the room for our three kids. We love family road trips, we tow dirt bikes and haul a lot of luggage, so the Suburban is ideal. It's ironic when people complain about gas mileage or difficulties parking the Suburban. If the Suburban's size and fuel consumption are going to be an issue for you, consider a car based SUV instead. The Suburban is a truck. It handles like a truck. It looks like a truck. It feels like a truck. There is nothing carlike about this vehicle. On the higway, road noise is minimal, and power is excellent and smooth, even when cruising at 80mph. We are very satisfied with our purchase and I would purchase another Suburban as it is the only vehicle on the road that suits the needs of my large family.
"THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION" by George from Washinton State on 10/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Has truck abillity with classic good looks and solid performance. 165,000 miles and uses no oil. No mechanical problems ever.
Cons: On Star system is annalog and has been cancelled.
Overall review: A very comfortable, useful truck that does everything it should well and seems to last forever.
Best in Class!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/25/2004. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Drives like a luxury car!
Cons: The radio sounds hollow!
Overall review: BUY THIS SUV!!!
More time in GM garage than mine by StuckLikeARock on 06/10/2003. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Style and comfort. You look good and feel good while stranded on the side of the road.
Cons: 8.1 Ltr problems began at 5k, now at 24k...1)Cooling fluid leaking out from overflow, (not overheating), 2) Drop in power while cruising, 3) 2Qts oil every 3k mi. Dealer has worked w/GM service but cannot fix problems. We are stuck w/broken car which cannot be fixed or replaced. 17 dealer visits 12 for warranty work. I would love to get rid of this headache but GM won't replace or fix it.
Overall review: Like any other commodity item the manufacturer should replace it if it is broken and cannot be fixed. Funny, the GM warrant booklet states that customer satisfaction is number one priority...I just don't see it. I should have learned my lesson with my first GM problem car in '88 which I traded in for a Ford due to reliability.
The " CAN DO " truck, no questions. by Jeff on 01/07/2003. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 99%
Cons: 1 % have to change belts toooooo often cause of noise, idlers, tensioner 's
Overall review: I own four chevy trucks, this one is the best!