2001 Volvo C70

2001 Volvo C70 Prices
2001 Volvo C70 Fuel Economy
Can't compete with Japanese by Miles from Dallas, TX on 03/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Volvo C70 Light Pressure Turbo Convertible, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Excellent braking and handling. Braking system outperforms my father's 911. Interior is stylish and comfortable, only convertible I could find that would fit both of our baby seats in the back. Lid over the convertible well is the best on the market - no ugly well showing when the top is up, and top is fully concealed when down.
Cons: Most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has been in the shop nearly 20 times in the three and a half years I have owned. Many problems have occurred more than once - transmission slippage, electronic key sensing halo, radiator leaks. Turbo lag is a killer in big city traffic.
Overall review: First and last European car I will ever own. I expected a lot more out of a vehicle that I paid $45k for. The poor reliability is my main gripe - the dealer has no loaner cars, and when you are in the shop that often, it is a complete hassle. I will be going back to Lexus - for $12k less you can have a car with similar comfort and performance that does not break down. AND Lexus provides a loaner car even when I take it in for a lowly state inspection. I have successfully convinced a handfull of people to steer clear of Volvo. Nice try Volvo, but you have yet to reach success at the luxury level.
Eye catching, yet often in shop by JLVNAZ on 09/28/2003. Trim: 2001 Volvo C70 Light Pressure Turbo Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a beuatiful car....fun to drive and grabs attention.
Cons: Several mechanical problems...engine went out at 17000 miles, replaced under warranty. Often have to return for mechanical problems, the service dept has been great.
Overall review: Due to the mechanical problems I would be reluctant to buy again, which is too bad because it is a great car
The Best Convertible for the Money by toni on 07/25/2002. Trim: 2001 Volvo C70 High Pressure Turbo Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We have owned our C70 for one year and are very happy with the sporty look and the second-to-none leather seating. I love that everyone who sees it stops me and asks what kind of car is this. They're all surprised when I say Volvo
Cons: The paint is too easily chipped and the front-end is just a little too low.
Overall review: If you want a beautiful car that you're not going to see every time you blink, buy this car. It's fun, sporty, safe, and you get excellent mileage.
Good 4 the price by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/03/2002. Trim: 2001 Volvo C70 Special Edition Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice car with a sleek design great seats and very decent in price comparisons with other coupes. Sound system is good and real peppy 5cyl engine for the price.
Cons: NEEDS More POWER i.e twin turbo and or v-6,v-8 300+ HP. A redisigned rear entry plan would be appropriate also considering the hell you go through to get in the back seats. Less use of plastics in the cockpit would be good also and more tilt in the steering wheel.
Overall review: Nice car for the price would buy an improved model
Awesome by A CarPoint Consumer on 03/07/2001. Trim: 2001 Volvo C70 High Pressure Turbo Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Great