2001 Mercury Mountaineer

2001 Mercury Mountaineer Prices
2001 Mercury Mountaineer Fuel Economy
Best "Made In The USA" SUV by Larry in IL on 11/27/2002. Trim: 2001 Mercury Mountaineer 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This SUV has been trouble-free since day one. It is extremely comfortable, reliable, powerful and the "on-demand" four-wheel drive cannot be beat. It corners better than any SUV I have ever been in, including the high-end foreign models and is quite good on gas considering the size and power of the V-8 engine. There is nothing lacking in the interior of the vehicle and the exterior appearance is superior to most (ours is black and gold). You will not be disappointed.
Overall review: Anyone that is considering the purchase of this SUV should not hesitate.
Comfort, utility, and safety in our truck by Allen, Central Oregon Coast on 06/09/2002. Trim: 2001 Mercury Mountaineer AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The comfort of the Captain's chair front seats. The smoothness of the 5 l. 5 sp auto w od, easy turning radius ; visibility from the driver's seat is excellent, the electronic compass and temperature indicator makes winter driving more efficient; the moonroof can be open with almost no road noise;
Overall review: I am very satisfied with this vehicle and like it best of all the autos I have driven over 50 yrs of being on the road.
NO by 0 on 06/30/2001. Trim: 2001 Mercury Mountaineer AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: ROOMER
Cons: COLOR
Overall review: GOOD
MommyMobile by MomofTwo on 03/25/2009. Trim: 2001 Mercury Mountaineer AWD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Big enough to feel "safe" in. Looks great, is comfortable for the driver and front seat passenger, and plenty of room in the cargo area to move plenty of things or SHOP!
Cons: It's starting to show it's age a bit with a couple of spots of rust, and of course, like so many others, the rear windshield wiper is a battle. I've found that if you pound on it a few times, it'll work. I think this thing must go bad because of the location of it and opening & closing the hatch probably puts the thing out of whack. My only other complaint (or the kids) complaint is that the back seat is a bit uncomfortable if you're going long distances. I've sat back there and I agree.
Overall review: Overall, I've been very happy with my SUV. I've recently bought a passenger car as well so I can keep my SUV longer. There are some minor repairs that I now need to make, but other than the occasional O2 sensor, I've had NO problems. And yes, my passenger car was also in the Ford family of vehicles! I've never been "steered" wrong yet!
Great Vehicle by unknown_guru on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2001 Mercury Mountaineer AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: .