2001 Toyota ECHO

The best small car! by Flamazon on 08/14/2010. Trim: 2001 Toyota ECHO 4-Door, Owned 3 years.
Pros: EVERYTHING!!! This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I had always had unreliable American cars but then when my Ford left me on the side of the road, I decided to give this little guy a chance. It's the best purchase I've ever made! This car had 60,000 miles on it and has recently hit 100,000 and it's going strong. It only takes regular maintenance and sometimes I spoil my ECHO with an engine flush or something spiffy to make my ECHO keep going. :) It's got great storage too and is very cute!
Cons: The air conditioning is sometimes insufficient. Does not handle too great in snow which we get winter storms every year in Oregon and is the reason for which I am passing this car on to my mom. I will need to get an suv or something with awd for the snow soon so I can feel safe with my 1 year old son there with me.
Overall review: LOVE this car and I am really sad to let him go. The gas mileage is tremendous! I get about 38 mpg and barely visit the pump. GET AN ECHO!!!
Echo Goes the Distance by Dale from California on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota ECHO 4-Door, Owned 10 years.
Pros: On 22 May 2011, the 2001 Toyota Echo has 247,000 miles and still runs great. Bought it new. Excluding normal wear and tear items, the only other thing replaced has been the alternator twice. Still gets 38-39 mpg.
Cons: Headlamps yellow/dim/fog over and makes night driving difficult.
Overall review: These are excellent cars if they have been a commuter regardless of the total miles. Great mpg, very low maintenace, will easily last 300k and maintain resale.
Best car by joy on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota ECHO 4-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my Echo. This is my second one. First was totaled and I love the car so I found another one just like it.
Cons: The color. My first on was red.
Overall review: With gas prices rising this car saves me
Great car for 2011!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/15/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota ECHO 4-Door, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Roomy interior,economical with 5 speed manual, great traction in snow.
Cons: none!
Overall review: Great car. not too small!!
realiable by nannie on 04/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Toyota ECHO 2-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: dash
Cons: doors
Overall review: good dependable car