2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

"Chevy Cavalier-Just A Great Car" by Cavalier driver from Illinois on 12/02/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the sporty look. Mine has all the "extras", sun roof, spoiler,etc. It gets great gas mileage. I like how the sun roof takes up most of the roof and when it is open, it is like being in a convertible. Mine is a very reliable car. It starts every morning even during below zero weather. It has never left me stranded.
Cons: Tougher to drive then some other cars during windiy conditions. Trunk isn't as big, but since the back seat folds down, I can live with it.
Overall review: I'd recommend this car to anyone. Great first car for a teenager. Sporty looking enough, yet practical.
The Cheap Sports Car by Gearhead from Seneca on 09/04/2007. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The acceleration is good for the 4 cylinder. Good styling. Can find a used Cavalier for a good price. Easy to read gauges. Good 5 speed. Great handling and braking. Back seat can fold down. CD player.
Cons: materials seem cheap, a small rattle from dashboard sometimes.
Overall review: Nice car for the price. If you're looking for a good used car, look no further.
A Great Car to Own!! by Bradford on 11/06/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: A very reliable car. I love mine! Fast, great gas mileage and stereo rocks!
Cons: Interior is wearing out. Dash piece across windshield cracked and my glove compartment latch has broke and seats are getting worn (material is not looking bad but springs in drivers seat feel like they could poke through any day now!). Also oil dip-stick combo oil pour in fell apart and it is a major pain to check the oil ( have to used pliers to get the dip-stick out). Interior light comes on when I hit a large bump on the highway. I can remove the key without shutting off the car.
Overall review: Very reliable car! Never has it failed me. Always starts and it has 140k, I drive a lot for work. It has never developed an oil leak. Runs real quite and smooth. Fast acceleration and handles real nice. Very tight steering. It, also, has a great heater. Even in 40 below it will cook you out of the car!! I Love My Cavalier!
Ode to my Baby Camero by MoonlitSky on 09/18/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've had my 2001 model for a year. All in all, it has been a very reliable car. I went with a 5-speed manual/2.2L. But it accelerates very well if you hit the gears just right, even raced it against a 3.0L S-10 and 3.3L Dodge Caravan, barely getting beat by the Caravan. The interior isn't exactly cutting edge, in fact it's a bit sparse, but that's to be expected for the price. The braking system is good, stops quickly. Mine recently lost the ABS, due most likely to a worn wheel-speed sensor, but it hasn't really been an issue for me because the car is very manuverable and light on its feet. I get good MPG. All in all, a very good car for the price.
Cons: The cup holders wern't placed well, though I developed a work-around for that. Dash rattles sometimes, and the ride can be bumpy on uneven roads. Despite it's good fuel milage, could use a a bit larger tank, but i make long drives to work, so maybe I'm the exception rather than the rule. I can't say much about the stock stereo, mine was used and the system had been upgraded, but the speakers sounded good till I blew them. Though I do know the stock stereo was also the door chime. Good enough reason to dump it. Dome light comes on erratically when driving, probably a worn door switch. Also, rear window and front windshield vibrate when driving, even with radio off.
Overall review: Though mine has a few problems, they are those common to any used car, and parts are relatively cheap. Looks like it somethings will be easy to fix, others a real pain, also very common on todays vehicles. But all in all, reliability has been great, never been stranded or stuck. Styling is very nice. For the price, the Cavaleir is a very good car. Mine's a 2001, and I'm considering buying a newer one soon, and keeping the one already have.
Good little car by Stefanie, Texas on 04/14/2005. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Easy to handle and easy on gas. Perfect car for my needs.
Cons: Interior is small.
Overall review: Good little car for the price.