2001 Infiniti I30

2001 Infiniti I30 Prices
2001 Infiniti I30 Fuel Economy
Good Solid Reliable! by Satisfied on 05/05/2010. Trim: 2001 Infiniti I30 Luxury, Owned 3 years.
Pros: 210,000+ miles and going strong! Very reliable. Purchased vehicle with 127K miles and have since put nearly 100K more!
Cons: Sits low to the ground, seatbelts are shorter than almost any other car I've been in which can be uncomfortable for larger people. Only had one problem while on vacation where a sensor went out and learned that not a lot of people know how to work on them. Lucky for me, it rarely needs work!
Overall review: Good car, built to last!
A good car but not great car by Zzzoomer on 12/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Infiniti I30 Luxury, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Same parts as Nissan Maxima makes them readily available at reason prices. Bose stereo, Good cabin space. High low endl torque. No major mechanical problems - more minor mechanical issues than the lexus es300. Owner's manual provides easily instuctions for doing your own periodic maintenance - oil pan plug and filter very close together allowing drainage of both without spillage.
Cons: Purchased car (off lease) with 90k miles on it. Replaced alternator; VSS (variable speed sensor); Radiator replaced due to crack in plastic; Wheel Rotors in front warped-replaced with eliptical slotted rotors/ceramic pads all 4 wheels; Right front strut lost seal-replaced struts/shocks with KYB-GR2's. Check engine light on(mechanic says the O2 sensor is dirty). City/highway MPG: 22-Premium Gas(no Ethanol), hard on tires due to high low-end torque. Mid level torque is fair and upper level torque is almost non-existent. Cabin noise levels are acceptable but higher than expected in a luxury sedan; the body style and branding is obscure and some people easily confuse it with a Mazda 626.
Overall review: Overall, this car is a good and for the most part a reliable car. I am glad I purchased it used - considering the new car pricing, a comparable Lexus model would have been the better buy. The difference between a Maxima and the I30 are purely cosmetic - mechanically they are the same and that can be good and not so good. One would expect mechanical upgrades like the ceramic brake pads and slotted rotors, dual piston calipers, upgraded struts/shocks, etc.
Pseudo luxury and style for excellent value. by Les on 07/13/2013. Trim: 2001 Infiniti I30 Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Engine is a potent and beautiful sounding v6 with Japanese quality. However, the transmission is lacking a gear as it suffers from too wide of gear ratios. I love the way the engine sounds but I do like the fact that it does have the vlsd. Styling is quite different and uncommon, not perfect by any means but it gets compliments. Interior quality for it's era is very nice for $. I think black on black is best combo for the car and looks pretty sharp. Full-size spare is a plus! Very roomy and an overall balanced powerful package that is plenty for daily use.
Cons: I hate that it only has four gears, it could benefit astronomically from a rear-wheel drive setup with five gears. The Bose "subwoofer" is utterly useless and takes away from the experience. The steering is not very accurate and very poor turning radius. I have to admit, although it looks appealing; it truly does lack any real character and I feel that it's fwd setup is what ultimately suppresses it's full potential. This car has the engine to rival it's competition all day long but sadly falls short being transversally mounted. This car will never be anything more than a stylish means of transportation since it follows a recipe for the masses.
Overall review: Great power for value. Pseudo luxury and classy styling for appeal. Does have some nice weight to it and feels quite safe. Build-quality has to be complimented and reliability is great. If you take care of this car, it will not leave you on the side of the road. If you are after a vehicle of value and style, I advise you pick a good one up and you will be very satisfied. However, if you truly appreciate road-handling and supple luxury; don't bother. Great daily driver, but that's it.
My Last Car!! by LoveMyInfiniti from North Carolina on 12/09/2009. Trim: 2001 Infiniti I30 Luxury, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The style, performance, interior design and comfort level. Always get compliments on how it looks a lot newer than a 2001.
Cons: Not a whole lot at all. I LOVE this car!! Of note my Infiniti also had the Air Flow Sensor and another sensor go out, other than that, really no issues.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a sharp-looking, reliable, and high performance, low maintenance vehicle. You won't regret it!
120,000 Miles and Going Strong by B San Antonio, Tx on 08/12/2009. Trim: 2001 Infiniti I30 Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Overall it has been a great run. No major problems, just regular maintanence, switched to synthetic oil. Runs flawlessly, handles and performs great, I get 22-24mpg in town, 28-30 hwy. Love the Bose stereo. I am in real estate so I love all the room in back and the luxury appointments throughout. The large trunk with fold down rear seats is nice also. Added Yokohama tires from Discount Tire and improved the ride and handeling a great deal. Everything works like new, no slop in any of the switches or controls, fit and finsh are still good. The styling is classic and don't think it looks dated even after 8 years.
Cons: I wish the turning radius was tighter, but you get used to it. I wish that it did not use premium gas.
Overall review: I purchased this I30T from the local Infiniti dealer in July 2007 with 80,000 miles, I now have 120,000 miles. I highly reccomend this vehicle. Sport with luxury, practical and dependable...a great combination. If you find one that has been well maintained you will not be disappointed!