2001 Lincoln Town Car

2001 Lincoln Town Car Prices
2001 Lincoln Town Car Fuel Economy
Luxury at its Best by C on 11/12/2003. Trim: 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling, Ride, Comfort. This is my 2nd Town Car after owning several full sized Mercurys (the first being a used 1949 model). The service and treatment from my dealer has been 1st class on both Town Cars. The handling is much more precise on my '01 Town Car as compared to my '96 Town Car. The car handles particularly well for a large car, giving a sense of security when on a curvy road or in a tight situation.
Cons: Headroom
Overall review: A comfortable vehicle, well appointed with a great sense of luxury. The 02 Town Car has a destinctive look and is well appointed both inside and outside.
Great Highway Cruiser! by Tom from Holly Springs, NC on 10/18/2002. Trim: 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy interior and large trunk. The stereo system sounds great! Comfortable for long trips, as well as around town.
Cons: Wish the suspension was stiffer for more controlled feeling. Wish the turning radius was better...difficult to get into tight spaces sometimes. The stock Michelin tires don't have as much grip as they should - dry or wet!
Overall review: Very comfortable car... elicits a sense of calmness on the road. Great highway cruiser and the gas mileage is good for a car this large.
Review ID: #319297 Is this review offensive?
one fine ride! by SCOOTER on 09/18/2012. Trim: 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: i love this car my caddy was a north star bomb ready to blow when ever where ever?this car is so classy!i buy and sell cars on the net,worked my way up to the caddy ,thought o boy,only to find out it was like o man ,high costly repairs!but this car had 70k on it when i got it and still looked and drove like new!! i love this car cannot wait to go on vacation next year! good on gas and room to take extra people in comfort!! what a cool classy car ,my daughter of 14 said please keep this one dad,or i should refrase that she said we are keeping this one dad!would like to get my hands on a 03 but if i cannot oh well ,i love this car!
Cons: whats not to like ,if someone complains about this car ,they complain when the sun shines!!!!
Overall review: love it,love it,love it!
mr ford did it right...........persission in motion by duane on 05/25/2012. Trim: 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: we purchased a used 2001 towncar with 83000 miles two years ago,and haave not regretted the purchase.white 4 door with blue pinstripping and blue cloth ragtop with a moonroof.every where we go we get compliments on the car.we have driven it 3 times cross coountry and we get 32 mph on the open road /cruise .we wouldnt trade for anything .my grandson drove it to montana for school from wisconsin ,,,,he swears by this car....19 year old boy....and my 17 year old grandson is head over heels in love with this car......stting in this car with all the extras is like a new born baby in its mothers arms .......heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: none
Overall review: wouldnt trade for anything.
Whooops, What were they thinking? by landrush from Oklahoma on 01/22/2008. Trim: 2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Acceleration is excellent Gas Mileager fair.
Cons: Looks like a squashed banana! Ride abrupt and discourteous, does not even compare to my '89. Interior-boring, looks like a grey or tan Toyota, not luxurious like Lincoln should be. Leather does not hold up, cloth should be available and color-coordinated to exterior colors. No chrome anywhere, looks cheap. Front side-window defrosters do not do a thing. Blower motor on hvac is noisy and puny! Air-bags are a pain.
Overall review: It would behoove Ford/Lincoln to listen to Buyers rather than looking at Japanese Rice-burners. It is actually no longer a true Town Car, just a piece of tin to fill Ford's slot. I understand that for 2008 they have discontinued this car altogether. Guess we need to grab up all the '89s we can get our hands on as the Lincoln is no more! the small things they put out under the Lincoln logo are stilll overgrown Taurus and 150 and Explorers. Ford, please use your head more often. Even the '37 Zepher was a better vehicle.