2001 Subaru Impreza

2001 Subaru Impreza Prices
2001 Subaru Impreza Fuel Economy
My favorite car by Kid Waukesha, WI on 12/12/2006. Trim: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for 4 years and 80,000 miles. And I still smile every time I look at it. The styling is far and above any other car under the $35,000 price range. I wish Subaru would have continued with this body styling. The fuel economy is pretty good. AWD is amazing and this car grips like none other I've ever been in. I've only seen one other car in my area that was the same color and body style as mine. I still get compliments on the car.
Cons: It could use a little more power. Interior isn't the best quality by todays standards. Kind of difficult to find parts since they are not very common.
Overall review: I love this car and wish I could keep it forever. Having a family has killed that dream however. Constantly moving a carseat in and out of the backseat is not a fun task. I'm going to stay with Subaru though. I love the AWD and handling. I'll probably end up getting a Legacy GT. More power, more room, better features... The only thing I will miss is the styling.
Excellent small sedan by Detroit, Michigan on 11/10/2006. Trim: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Steering is weighted perfectly and manual transmission is very good with relatively short throws, suspension and ride is firm without being harsh. Front seats are excellent, great lateral support, the seat bottom provides a very comfortable driving position, the driver's seat and leg room are much better than any other small car or small to midsize SUV I've driven for tall individuals (6'5). This car is nimble and precise to drive no matter the road conditions, the AWD provides better traction and control on wet, snowy or icy roads than other trucks/SUV's I've driven. Acceleration and handling are very good. This car has been extremely reliable, only routine maintenance required.
Cons: Rear seats are comfortable, but leg room is minimal with the front seats all the way back. Trunk volume seems good but the trunk opening is somewhat small which makes loading long or large cargo problematic. The rear seats do not fold flat and there is no trunk to backseat pass-through. In the winter I wish the side mirrors were heated to help keep them snow and ice free. There is only one cup holder in the front and when in use it obstructs the heating and cooling controls, no rear cup holders. The original all-season Potenza tires only lasted about 45K miles and did not provide as much traction as other all season tires I've used.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle, I'm completely confident that this car will perform for as long as I own it. For those individuals who need transportation for 4 adult sized people (or 2 adults and 3 or more children) or who need a vehicle with significant cargo space this car is probably not optimal, but it provides excellent service for daily commutes and it is perfect for two adults and two children. After almost 6 years I still enjoy driving my Impreza 2.5RS, my next car will certainly be another Subaru. Trade-in value remains high in winter states, if you want to break out of the lease craze purchasing a Subaru seems to make good financial sense, I bought my Impreza 2.5RS for about 19K in 2001 - the car is paid for and six years later it's worth around 9K for a trade in and aound 10K for a private sale according to Kelly Blue Book numbers and according to several Subaru dealers I've in spoken with (inquiries about purchasing a new Impreza).
nasty by andygive from New jersey on 07/07/2006. Trim: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: everything
Overall review: amazing
OG Impreza (GC8) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/16/2005. Trim: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Styling better than bug eyed WRX and even the STI.
Cons: too bad you couldn't get the STI engine in this body style back then.
Overall review: Best styling, STI engine in this car would be awesome.
Mama's Red Racer by Mama's Red Racer on 07/23/2003. Trim: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is my first all wheel drive car I have ever driven. I do not think I would ever go back to a front wheel drive car for winter use. It really feels like you are stuck to the road when it is slippery out. I live about 30 miles which is actually a 40 to 60 minute drive one way from where I work and I have not had on problem getting to or home from work.
Cons: When we purchased the car we were dissapointed because we had paid a lot of money for the special items and the trim on the leather seats did not match the trim on the steering wheel. We also thought that they should have included power seats with the extra options that we paid for dearly. The doors shut very hard you almost have to slam them to get them shut tight because there isn't any vents to let the air flow. I also think that they should have made it a 6 speed not a 5 speed manual.
Overall review: I love my car we have put on 36,000 miles in two years and purchased the extended warranty. We have since looked at the Pontiac Vibe and if it had been available at the time of our purchase it would have been a toss up.