2001 Ford Taurus Wagon

2001 Ford Taurus Wagon Prices
2001 Ford Taurus Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
So, so product from Ford by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/03/2007. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good handling, easy to start
Cons: Acceleration, wind noise
Overall review: Please don't disgree with me. I admit I love this car. But, the negatives are more than positives. It might be a good car for slow-driving family people to drive easy while talking. For me, the biggest disappointment has been poor acceleration at beginning even though it is 3.0L V6. I am not a speed enthusiast. But this car is real slow; slower in acceleration than my previous 1991 1.9L V4 Ford Escort station wagon. I missed that little car a lot. The rest were Discomfort leather (hard) seats, Bad on gas mileage in city driving, cost of repair $1500 in 2 years. I am done with Ford. Going Japanese.
2001 Taurus best wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/13/2013. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus Wagon, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Best station wagon out there. Nice swoopy body lines. GM products are far and away inferior, styling wise, as well as GM V6's have multiple coolant related problems. GM, just could not make a trouble free V6 in these years. The Ford 3.0 V6, with it's Chain driven valve train, and traditional iron block, and aluminum heads, was head and shoulders above all the GM "junk" V6's, with the exception of the 3800, which was the only GM v6 that was reliable, and based on a good design.
Cons: Coolant metal pipes that rust at the firewall.
Overall review: Simply, the best car I have ever owned.
Taurus wagon, suprisingly awesome. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/13/2013. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus Wagon, Owned 8 years.
Pros: OMG. I am 56 years old, and as you can well imagine, I have owned a lot of cars. Our 2001 Ford Taurus wagon is the best car, we have ever owned. Period. 340kms on the clock, and we still can't hear it running. Just regular maintenance, and our Taurus wagon gets us back and forth from Canada, to deep south Texas, again and again.
Cons: Honestly, nothing to dislike.
Overall review: 10 out of 10
Cons: Honestly, nothing to dislike.
Overall review: 10 out of 10
"Still happy with this wagon. by Wagonman from Raleigh on 09/12/2005. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: That it doesn't seem to have any significant negative characteristics.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: It has been over 2 years since I last wrote a review here (see 6/17/03). I only have about 47k on it but the only problem I have had was replacement of the fan motor for A/C-Heat. I continue to enjoy ownership of this vehicle. I have been surprised that I have had so few problems because that is unusual for a Ford.
2 3 4 5 6  Next