2001 Volkswagen Passat

2001 Volkswagen Passat Prices
2001 Volkswagen Passat Fuel Economy
Avoid at all by Ali New Jersey on 12/12/2011. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like its appearance and how it looks.
Cons: I bought when it is 110,000 miles and I ve used it untill 136,000 I used it for 2 years and in every 2 months I have to repair something. ABS light is constantly going on. Radio stopped working. I have to replace every coil on the engine still engine light is up. Tire rods are started to break . Mufflers were broken and I had to fix.
Overall review: Avoid these types of car at all unless you are rich and have to time to fix and pay for the costs.
Great car! by MSBob from Colorado Springs on 06/25/2004. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Gas mileage is awesome, very well-built
Cons: It takes premium gas, which is $$$$$$ right now
Overall review: The Passat is a wonderful family car. We have taken it on some major road trips and been very pleased with it. I have gotten an average of 29 MPG on it since I bought it and tend to get 35 MPG on trips. The back seat is roomy enough for our three children and the driver seat is very comfortable for me (I am 6'2
A beautifully crafted silver lemon by Njcrafters from TX on 06/04/2012. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It was beautiful. Loved German styling and driving experience... When it ran.
Cons: The repairs were expensive, slow and frequent. Always something. I owned it from 2001 to 2008. I was thrilled to own it the first two years but then I started to fear the repairs. Ugh, there were too many to list. Being left on the interstate with no warning with my family - the worst. Insulting part of many of the repairs were the discussion boards were littered with similar complaints. VW obviously puts their head in the sand on repairs. Very disappointed. I was ready to be a VW/Audi fan for life until I was tortured all those years.
Overall review: If you love making repairs on German cars- this will be a pure fantasy for you. If you prefer to drive your vehicle than fix it - save yourself the trouble and buy something else- a bicycle, pogo stick, anything but a 2001 Passat.
Buy something else. by Steve in Honolulu on 11/11/2010. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It gets up and goes when you put your foot into it.
Cons: Build quality is terrible!!! Going down the freeway and the right front turn signal assembly flies off. Windshield leaks. Headliner is falling down. Engine leaks oil, repaired once under warranty and a second time when I had the timing belt changed, still leaks. ABS module went out. Alternator went out and dealership squeezed a new battery along with the alternator out of the repair job. Tie-rod ends are wearing out at 75k. Safety catch on the hood broke, had to jerry-rig my own once I managed to get it open. Lots of other stuff if I think about it but that's bad for my blood pressure
Overall review: VW should be ashamed of themselves for selling this car to the driving public
the Best VW by Luis passat on 06/01/2009. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bough my passat v6 4 years ago with 32k right now he as 135k and still rides like new I have owned over 30 cars and this one is by far the best one yet !!! and yes i have done the timing belt tune up etc maintenance staff yes i have spend around $2000 for maintenance but worth every penny!!!!
Cons: The plastic on the front grill kips coming out so i Had to strapped!!!
Overall review: PLEASE BY only the v6 engine!!!!!