2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Performance = Looks by Shaggy from Wichita on 12/22/2008. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car has an aggresive look. It also has the performance to match. I have owned this car for over a year, and I have always been able to count on it to get me places. My brakes are fine, engine warms up quickly, it's able to maintain a comfortable cabin temperature.
Cons: The only thing I can find wrong with these style galants, are the hubcaps. If the galants came with real rims, and not steel rims covered by plastic, that would be a lot better. It would add more appearance.
Overall review: This car is very reliable, and it is very predictable after you get to know your car. I have taken my galant to an autocross events, and it was beautiful. It did exactly what I expected it to do, and we had fun.
EXCELLENT car! by Matt from Louisville on 10/04/2008. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the looks, has a sunroof, motor seems to be very good as well, not a big car but not a small one either fits right in between, excellent leather interior..had it for a year and drove it on a daily basic to college of over 100 miles a day currently has 125,000 miles and i love it.
Cons: the brake job for what ever reason the brakes squeak and are just simply not very good. Could also be better on gas with today's prices...i get anywhere from 20-25 mpg
Overall review: Overall this car is great if you're looking for a car that is durable and that can make it through the miles. And is truly a beautiful car inside and out.
A True Keeper by Student Compton on 07/21/2008. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I am a proud owner of the mitsubishi galant. I have owned this car for 7 years and currently has 128000 miles on it. This is my second galant and I just love this car. It is a great commuter car. People tell me that my car does not look 7 years old. I would definitely buy another one. In my opinion it should be rated up there with nissan, toyota, and honda. It is a very dependable car. As with any car, the upkeep and maintenance on a vehicle is very important. If you don't do what you suppose to do then you will not have a dependable car. But again I just love my Galant. It still rides extremely smooth just like when I purchased it in 2000.
Cons: The one thing that i dislike is the braking system.
Overall review: Definite keeper would buy again.
I hate my car!!! by Sam on 02/17/2007. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Nothing.
Cons: - Huge Maintenance. My last bill was about $2800. I still need to repaint the car at my expense. - Brake problems. - Paint problems (Black and Silver paint peels of even in brand new cars). - Idling motor problem (Idling rpm 3000. Car runs at 50 mph as soon as you put the car in drive). Google about user complaints (accidents) due to this problem. - Cooling system leaks - Squeaky interiors
Overall review: Please do not buy a Mitsubishi. You may think that i own a lemon from all the problems I listed, but google for mitsubishi car problems and you shall find that these problems are faced by most of the galant - eclipse users. Well these cars are indeed lemons.
Bargain Used Car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/03/2006. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought the car used and for a lot less than a used Accord or even a Civic - I got more options!
Cons: What's wrong with the foot vents? Never seems to warm my feet.
Overall review: I'll never buy this new but used - it's a bargain! If it breaks down and it would cost a lot of money...just buy another used one!