2001 Ford Crown Victoria

A classy car by gary on 08/12/2010. Trim: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's ride is very nice. It is quite. The rear wheel drive is the reason. The trunk is huge. I am averaging twentyone mph. I feel safe while riding in it.
Cons: Nothing that stands out.
Overall review: I would by another one.
swift by joe on 02/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX, Owned 8 years.
Pros: comfort
Cons: steering is touchy
Overall review: excellent car for traveling
Awesome car by Mark from Newport News on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I've had this car for 7 years now (120,000+ miles)--it has proven to be very reliable, safe, and affordable to maintain. While its not a race car, the handling pkg and 230+ horsepower engine are a plus for a large car. 0-60 is about 7.5 seconds. It can haul a trailer up to 2000 lbs--most cars can't nowdays. I've always maintained it properly and I use Amsoil synthetics thoughout--never broke down, overheated, or slowed down because of a heavy trailer--still runs like new. Extremely confident handling and feel
Cons: I strongly recommend snow tires in rear for winter snow/ice driving--all four wheels is even better. Unfotunately, the crown vic is not available any more for civilian purchase. The Mercury Grand Marquis is but seems to have a bit softer ride and only the 220 HP version of the 4.6 liter engine--still a nice car though.
Overall review: I really love this car--don't know what I'm going to do when it finally wears out. Its handy for everyday driving, hauling kids around, and has one of the largest trunks available today. Gas mileage is good for a car this size. I average about 16.5-18 MPG in mixed city/highway driving and 25-27 MPG when on the highway during long trips. It can seat 6, but really only 5 comfortably. While many reviewers like smaller European or Japanese cars, these cars are MUCH underappreciated. Like the Jeep or Humvee for the military, the Crown Vic has been the backbone of the US Taxi cab and Police fleets for years--I expect for the same reasons I like mine so much. There is arguably no tougher duty on a vehicle. Has a fairly attractive look to it. It would be an easy sell for me if Ford brought it back, put the new Mustang GT 300HP engine in it, gave it independant suspension, and freshend the appearance.
Amazing Vehicle. by Kraid from Hawai'i on 06/22/2006. Trim: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Power. Handling. Luxuries. Easy to improve. Most Mustang parts fit. Lots of space. Built on frame = extremely sturdy. Trust me, I totalled a Beamer then drove home. No party injured. All my damage stoped at the frame. Repairs were cheap and easy.
Cons: Nary a thing.
Overall review: Buy and never look back. Equally as good due to being the same car: Mercury Grand Marquis, Lincoln Town Car. Better due to being the "Cobra" version: Mercury Marauder.
Cool cop car look alike by Sonny on 03/15/2006. Trim: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable, powerful, good gas mileage. Plus, people think I'm a cop so they move out the way.
Cons: High replacement costs for parts.
Overall review: Good, cheaper full size car.