2001 Ford Taurus

exelent car by 2 risky on 05/28/2003. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: great all around car ! i bought my 01 se , originaly for a highway car/winter car but it has grown on me
Cons: the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips
Overall review: i think the standard engine should be the 3.0ffv . and the seats need to be more comfortable .
Superb Quality and Reliability by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/13/2012. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is solid. From engine to body, all parts are well made and they are made to last. I just purchased the 2001 Taurus. It only had 26,000 miles on it, and I got quite a deal on it. It was in excellent condition, and I'm glad I've found something reliable that will last me for the next 125,000 miles of adventures. I love its solidarity, and the crash-test ratings are outstanding! I had the ability to purchase a more modern car, but many these days lack the quality of structural support in order to add to fuel efficiency- but lets face it, that doesn't accomplish much. I wanted a strong 6 cylinder engine, and I wanted something I would feel safe in. This car met all my requirements.
Cons: This is a Grandma car. I call her Miss Daisy, because I feel like I'm driving a slightly modernized Miss Daisy around town. The technical color of my Taurus is "Rootbeer". I don't know if it's the eight speeds of windshiled wipers or if it's the old fashioned foot break/hand release emergengy break, but its not the most appealing in appearance. But what it lacks in aesthetics it makes up for in quality. Around town I get closer to 18-20 mpg, but the highway mpg is wonderful.
Overall review: I love this car. If you're able to find one in good condition, I highly recommend you make the purchase.
Terrible Taurus That Tanks and That's It by Allie from Boston, MA on 01/02/2011. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The ford taurus is a comfortable vehicle. The leather interior is flawless, and the car itself is an excellent choice for a new driver. The stereo system in the car is also impeccable along with its strong body design and make.
Cons: The ford taurus develops many automotive problems over the years. Recently, the 2001 Taurus I have has acquired over 5 automotive problems in a two weeks span. I have had to replace the alternator once since I bought it in 2004, I've had to replace the water pump twice, I've had to replace the battery almost 4 times now,the brakes have also needed to be repaired three or for times as well. The car has no suspension or springs left, and every time I hit a pot hole in the road it is impossible not to hit your head off of the ceiling. As I type this, my car now needs a new front right tire for the fifth time. My car has 150K miles on it, and only has about 5 months left to it's life (if.)
Overall review: Although the Taurus is comfortable and the body of the car is well built, the parts that make the car "go" need lots of improvement. Taurus' are cars that need a lot of attention and money put into them. I'd recommend this car to a new driver, who isn't looking for a long term commitment. My Taurus is now a junker, and has only been in one minor accident recently. That accident did not cause any damage, and some how the car is in the condition of a early 90's junker. I would say the car was not worth the $13K I paid. More money has been put into automotive repairs than paying for the car itself. I love my car, I really do, but I can't stand the issues that come with it.
The best vehicle I have ever owned! by Jay on 11/04/2010. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus SES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy, Radio, Look
Cons: Gas mileage, tire wear
Overall review: GO BUY A FORD!!!
Sweet mid-sized Sedan by Draconix from Greeley, CO on 07/12/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford Taurus SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car for the price, nice performace/fuel effecientcy ratio
Cons: Hard to get aftermarket Stereo
Overall review: I love this car. 130Mi/Day, not a single problem. @82K odo and runs like a champ @ 27-35MPG @ high alt.