2001 Ford Expedition

2001 Ford Expedition Prices
2001 Ford Expedition Fuel Economy
XLTrusted by Faithfull to Ford on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I brought mine with 20000 miles in 9/01 and it now has 274000 miles and is still going strong. i feel safe driving it and the mileage is about average for an SUV. Hopefully the newer Expeditions are asn trustworthy as my 2001. If so, when I buy another vehicle it will probably be another Expedition.
Cons: Not much to dislike
Overall review: This vehicle has been good to us.
I'll drive it til it drops, which appears to be awhile. by Wufpack29681 from Greenville, SC on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Never had an issue with this vehicle which I bought new in 2001. I have replaced tires of course and have switched to synthetic oil at 75,000 miles. Gas mileage is around 13 in town and 17-18 on the highway but is extremely safe and reliable. If gas is your priority it's not for you but if you want safety and reliability you can't go wrong.
Cons: Gas mileage but small price to pay versus hospital bils if you ever got in a wreck. I have been rear ended 3 times and reattached the bumper twice. The damage besides reattaching th bumper was a scratch or two but to the other cars it was extensive, 2 totaled and one had several thousands of dollars in damage.
Overall review: Parts are readily available and it fairly easy to work on except where they have a spark plug or two.
Great for Outdoor Adventures by Outdoors Guy in Montana on 09/10/2009. Trim: 2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I have enjoyed my '01 Expedition since I got it new. The interior is very roomy and can comfortably fit 7 people if you include the 3rd row seat. I usually leave out the 3rd row seat for more cargo space. With the 2nd row folded down there is a huge amount of cargo room. As a tall guy I enjoy the headroom and spaciousness of the driver's seat. I also enjoy the extra features such as the door pad entry and 6 -disc CD changer (although I now use my MP3 player using a cassette adapter). As an outdoor enthusiast I've taken my vehicle on some of the worst "roads" imaginable and haven't had any problems, but you need to keep it's large size in mind. Also good for towing with a heavier duty hitch.
Cons: You'll have to fork out some extra cash at the gas pump. The MPG is pretty low, but with the large gas tank, you can go pretty far before the next fill up. The paint peeling is starting to become and issue in the past year or so. The 3rd row seat must be taken out and stored elsewhere. It doesn't fold into the floor like newer models.
Overall review: Good vehicle for outdoor activities or hauling a lot of people or gear. Very few maintenance issues. It's a comfortable ride if you don't mind the poor gas mileage.
intimidating "truck,demands respect" by Silky From Brooklyn,NY on 06/17/2007. Trim: 2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: rides great,very little problems,looks good
Cons: constant coil problems(no big deal)
Overall review: love my truck,will purchace another one in the future
great family vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/16/2005. Trim: 2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: you sit up high and have good vision and have alot of room
Cons: gas milage,third seat does not fold flat
Overall review: a great vehicle to have if you have a family and need the room