2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Still loving this car after 8 years by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: 155,00 miles and it is still running like new. It is a great car. Even with the nics here and there it still looks like a great car. I have a lot of fun with mine.
Cons: It is low to the ground so sometimes with my back getting up is hard.
Overall review: I highly recommend it. Sad to be passing it down.
Review ID: #542090 Is this review offensive?
My 'Clipse by J-Rock from Richmond on 06/09/2006. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Owned 5 years.
Pros: 24 Valve V-6 has as much "pep" as a 350Z, this is one sharp vehicle; handles great in curves, and you have the ability to "smoke" the tires.
Cons: who came up with the idea to install a speaker in the dash? That's the first speaker to go
Overall review: Its a great sports car; the V-6 model's gas mileage leaves alot to be desired, but it will get you from point A to point B quick and in a hurry
Great little car!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/22/2014. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I've had my 2001 eclipse for 6 years, and I still love driving it!! Sporty, good handling, lots of "get up and go", and low maintenance
Cons: Driver seat not very comfortable for long trips
Overall review: Great little car for the price, inside a little cramped
Great car built ok. by Jason on 09/10/2002. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Acceleration, smooth engine, nice manual transmission, great grip, looks wonderful, fantastic 210 watt stereo, nice interior with neat vents, perfect instrumentation and steering wheel. Quiet on the freeway, smooth ride despite good handling. Idiot proof car to drive fast, would get a 10 for performance if the brakes were great instead of just good.
Cons: I have had numerous niggling problems with trim and the front suspension making weird noises. All are fixed now but it took alot of going back and forth to the dealer. None left me stranded, but I was disappointed, especially since my 1994 Eclipse was bulletproof.
Overall review: Best in class car when I bought it, although I haven't driven the new Acura RSX. Really nice to have a 24 valve V6 in a car this relatively inexpensive, great styling that I still love. I got a car that was not put together right, I don't think my experience is necessarily indicative of Mitsubishi but I would think twice before recommending it because of that.
Eclipse eclisped by David TF on 07/10/2002. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car is reliable and performs reasonabley well and get pretty good gas mileage. The engine pulls well and has a satisfying exhaust note. The styling is good and the price was right.
Cons: Hard plastics, a recalcitrant sportshift detract form what is otherwise a very nice vehicle. For a sports car, it lacks gauges and the dash is lacking in imagination.
Overall review: A good buy, but not the best sports car around.