2001 Ford ZX2

2001 Ford ZX2 Prices
2001 Ford ZX2 Fuel Economy
Great Little Car by Sunny from Concord NC on 12/18/2007. Trim: 2001 Ford ZX2 Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car handles really well. I love the style of the car i mean everything I even like the alloy wheels that came with it. I was really surprised by the four cylinder engine in this car its really fast for be an Escort. The sound system is really great I just wished instead of a cassette player in the dash they would have made it a cd player. It also gets great gas mileage.
Cons: Lets see I hate that the check engine light has started to pop on constantly. The back seat is for children only. I dont like the cup holders they are just not in the right place
Overall review: I would recommend this car if you are single or a single parent to one child. This isnt a family car it just doesnt have enough room to haul more than three people in comfort. Its sporty, fun, and great on gas!
Review ID: #520323 Is this review offensive?
Ford ZX2 by Shawn,FL on 08/11/2006. Trim: 2001 Ford ZX2 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: easy to maintain,easy to modify,a blast to drive
Overall review: best car i've ever owned
I love it, but hate it. by Polexia from New York on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford ZX2 Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like that I have hae a great Ford dealership to work with. I am very lucky to have a dealer and a shop that listens to me and doesn't think I am an airhead woman. It is a very cute car and handles quite well. Plus after having an unusual problem I got what my dealer called a "post-warranty adjustment."
Cons: I have put three brand new fuel pumps into the car. After the third one my dealer took out my gas tank and cleaned it. It's been a year since it happened last. I also had to put a new transmission in it. This could be the result of having been a young driver, not knowing what I was doing and beating the car up a lot. It shakes a lot, which seems to be a common problem, and I used to think it was a problem but it's done it for so long I don't really think it is anymore. And after having the car for four years, I had to put a new exhaust system in it! It also has a few beginning rust spots (but I do live in Upstate New York, so the snow and salt from the roads do a number on any car.)
Overall review: I have had a lot of problems with this car and I am ready to get rid of it. I loved it while I had it, but please please get it out of my sight soon! I actually bought my car in 1999.
speed demon by mobkin on 01/04/2002. Trim: 2001 Ford ZX2 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: great power styling, and accesories, handles very well not a family car
Cons: car very new can't think of any dislike
Overall review: very satisified
It amazed me when I got it, still does! by Tony in Colorado on 07/17/2001. Trim: 2001 Ford ZX2 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very affordable, it has a lot of power when you punch the gas. Very minimal maintenance (the only thing I have had serviced was the stereo (the tape player had some issues)). I really like the body of the car, and the power everything is really nice as well. For the dollar, it is a great value, very reliable, very nice gas mileage (approx. 28-30 miles per gallon, city driving, about 33 on the highway.)
Cons: It is a little difficult if you are trying to bring more than two people if everyone is over 6 feet tall. If you have a baby, best of luck in getting the baby in and out of the car (you have to bring the front seat all the way forward, let the seat fall forward, and step onto the back floorboard). If you have to load the babyseat into the car, I wish you all the luck in the world, you will need it.
Overall review: Great car, for the bachelor. If you have a family, the kids need to be past the age of 4 or 5 to get them in the backseat comfortably. I really like the car, and I mean really enjoy the car. It is almost like a mini-sports car. It has a lot of get-up-and-go, and the handling is amazing (I can get into the most impossible spots with this car, and with room to spare). Once big people are actually in the car, it is actually comfortable, it is the act of getting in the car that is really hard. For an overall score, I would give it a 9.