2001 Volkswagen Cabrio

2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Prices
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Fuel Economy
A Great Little Car by Jennie from Cleveland on 07/13/2001. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, the way it handles, the room in the front seat, the feel of the seats, visability while driving, trunk space for a small car. You can have people ride in the back seat comfortably. The top is very easy to operate ( our's is automatic push button - but the mannuel one was very easy to use ) Sound system is very good- easy to use and switch from radio to tape to cd's. So much on it is stardard not alot of options to buy. It really is a fun car to drive .
Cons: There are only 2 complaints. One is the drink holders- -there isn't really a good place to hold things- makes it hard when you travel . The other is on the remote, the trunk button is RIGHT NEXT TO THE PANIC BUTTON. Both of us have set off the alarm a few times. And it is very sensitive we have set it off just holding it or when it has been in my purse.
Overall review: When we had decided to get a covertable we really shopped around for a long time. We are VERY pleased with this one. For the money we have gotten a comfortable, good handling, good gas milage, dependable, great looking FUN car. We can drive it year round ( not possible with some of the other "small" cars we looked at and researched) The trunk is fairly roomy for shopping trips and there is room for suitcases when you travel. We have had four people in it and everyone had room and felt comfortable. Even though it is a small car you don't feel "lost" in it when you are in traffic next to semi's and some of the bigger trucks and suv's. The car is only a 4 cyl. but the pick up isn't bad and can get on the freeway with out any problems. I also liked the fact that everything was standard- there are only a few add ons. We have recommended this car to a lot of people- It is "alot" of car for not ALOT of money.
Quality, like a mid 70s American car. by George from Temecula California on 02/14/2010. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It rides great, soaks up the bumps, and handles well. My wife loves its style and loves to be seen in it. The car is almost 10 years old and the paint still looks new. The gas mileage is vey good, I average over 34 MPG.
Cons: The seats have totally lost their cushion, especially on the edges, you are actually sitting on the seat frame. It is down every three months; the "check engine" light is on continually. Now the transmission says it has a problem. We've replaced a "mass air" sensor, an axle, a water pump and an engine mount and the anti freeze water ball (it just fell off it's mount) in the last 9 months. It just brole. I have had to replace practically every vacuum hose. Believe it or not; even the windshield water bottle has broken. (No not from freezing, we are in California.)
Overall review: This car drives wonderfully, better than anything I've ever driven, but it comes at a high cost: My weekends and my spare time. AAA membership is a prerequisite of ownership, it will come home on a tow truck, guaranteed.
Fun but Frustrating by Cazzie on 08/26/2002. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The look and the fact it's a convertible.
Cons: I've had my car 1 1/2 yrs and so far no major problems to report. Everything has been minor. The biggest CON I have is the DEALERSHIPS. I have been to 4 so far and now drive 65 miles to one that actually wants to help. We have filed a complaint with VWOA and they don't seem to care either. Like I said, my issues have been minor, but getting them repaired has been a major headache.
Overall review: If you want a fun car & aren't hung up on power (it's zippy, but not powerful), then a Cabrio is a great choice for the $$. But beware, you will have maintenance issues - before buying this car, speak with the customers sitting in the Maintenance department and find out if you'll ever get your issues repaired without pulling your hair out. It would be nice if VW actually listened to their customers - from the overall reveiw, it would seem it's a good car, but EVERYONE is complaining about the cup holders, the stupid key-style alarm and the door panels peeling & the option of more power (V8/Turbo). VW needs to really get this car in the 2000's and update it with some of the features it offers on it's other models. If you buy one, know what you're getting and just enjoy the ride with the top down. This car is about fun, not performance or reliability.
Pissa little car! by Rymage on 08/30/2001. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The top goes down, and chicks love it!
Cons: Haven't found any yet!
Overall review: It's a greate little car!
Review ID: #201961 Is this review offensive?
THE BEST by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/22/2001. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: GREAT CAR
Review ID: #199025 Is this review offensive?