2001 Toyota Prius

A good little car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2012. Trim: 2001 Toyota Prius, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Needs almost no repairs - even when I had a main battery fault last month all that was needed was the array of little battery buss bars in the pack cleaned of corrosion and one cell replaced. (Did that myself, but I don't recommend it unless you know basic voltage safety).
Cons: Lack of battery capacity - I lose regen braking after about 2-3 miles of steep downhill mountain roads.
Overall review: Very reliable car, got it new, now has 140k miles. I'll keep driving it as long as I can make it last!
I love my car!!!!! by TUS, Whittier CA on 10/13/2005. Trim: 2001 Toyota Prius, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I really like everything about my Prius. It is cute, quiet, economical, and easy to handle. I don't have the hatchback, so I can see out of the back quite easily. The interior is just the right size for me. It only takes 9 gallons to fill mine up. And I like the dash display.
Cons: The interior gets dirty very easily. There is no button on the key fob for the trunk, I don't have navigation or a cd player, but I have found a guy that adds all of that aftermarket for half the price Toyota does it for.
Overall review: I smile when I approach my car from across the lot. I love to drive and find new techniques for squeezing more MPG out of it. This is really the best out of the 11 cars I have owned.
good little car by Sick of High gas prices. Brunswick, ga on 03/25/2012. Trim: 2001 Toyota Prius, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Runs good. Getting 46/42. Gas mileage!
Cons: the looks, the feel of the brakes.
Overall review: Good car and gets good gas mileage.
Not the most manly automobile on the road but reliable by NorCal Ridge on 09/29/2009. Trim: 2001 Toyota Prius, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Of course the gas mileage. Has more pep and acceleration than many buses and minivans.
Cons: Like some other posters, I have found I get the system warning message when it is really wet outside or if I start the car witha cold engine and crank the AC or defroster. More of a nuisance than any real problem. I got a notice from Toyota that this is a known manufacturer defect. Glad I bought it from a Toyota dealer. Only other con is the center arm rest is too low and there is nowhere on the door to rest my other arm comfortably. The Japanese still have yet to make comfortable autos for the masses.
Overall review: I bought it with 75K miles on it. 2 years later and 30K miles later all it has needed so far is tires. I am loving the reliability. Glad I am not giving the arabs any more $$$ than I have to. Trunk is deceptively bigger even w/ the batteries. I have hauled so MUCH in this car and it keeps on going.
I love it. by Austin from West Virginia on 04/03/2013. Trim: 2001 Toyota Prius, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It's roomy, it's gotten me everywhere safely and reliably. It's gotten me out of tricky situations, and I feel like I can go anywhere in it. I love the visibility, I like how high the seating position is. The smoothness and quietness in more relaxed driving conditions. It has it's cute quirks, like the feature where you put the key in the lock and turn and hold it left or right to open or close the window without having to get in and start it. For a 4 speaker sound system, it doesn't sound all that bad. The seats are comfortable and soft.
Cons: The tire size makes it hard to find good rated tires. There are other tire size options available, but I'd rather stick to the stock tire size. It struggles a tad bit on steep hills, but none the less, I find that it can maintain at least 80 MPH all day long on almost any grade.
Overall review: I bought this car last year with 70,000 miles and love it. It's not my first Prius and won't be my last. It's a great car, I go on road trips all the time, and pack my friends with me. It's comfortable, smooth, quiet, and efficient. I average a constant 47 miles per gallon combined. About 53+ in the city, and 44+ highway. I've been through some crazy weather conditions in this car, and I find that it handles well in almost every situation.