2001 Mazda Tribute

"Update of my 2004 review" by Ed from Danvers, MA on 08/17/2010. Trim: 2001 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This is a 2010 update from my 9/21/04 review. The Tribute handles well and is quick with the 24v V6. The leather interior is very nice and I have gotten acceptable MPG (22 overall probably) over the years. I've liked this car a lot and bought a new '06 for home use (the 01 is my "Florida car")
Cons: Transmission (ouch) went at 70 K, both driver and passenger door handles went and had to be replaced (common in '01s), now the ABS is acting up (sensor?). I have 83K on it now and I will trade it soon.
Overall review: Good car, I have enjoyed it and it has done everything I've needed. If it weren't for the transmission failure, I'd be glowing about it.
Best SUV by John Southern Maryland on 11/06/2013. Trim: 2001 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I've had my 2001 ES-V6 for 13 years now (259,500 miles). I like the handling and steering the best about this car (zoom zoom zoom!) No major repairs - have orig engine and automatic transmission. Best vehicle I've ever had in 50 years of driving
Cons: Gas mileage could be better. I average 20 mpg on a tankful of mostly highway driving. Long trips usually get about 23 mpg.
Overall review: Excellent, dependable vehicle
Reliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/10/2013. Trim: 2001 Mazda Tribute ES, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Have owned it 12 yrs hardly any mechanical problems except normal wear and tear. 113k and still going strong.
Cons: Nothing,
Overall review: Long lasting and reliable
Best SUV ever by Barbie cny on 02/29/2012. Trim: 2001 Mazda Tribute LX 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. 170,000 miles and still going strong. comfort,ride handling are just a few great things about this SUV. 27 miles to gallon. I would love to own another!
Cons: very little rust, back hatch creaks in winter cold. Great SUV!
Overall review: Buy one you won't regret it.
GO Mazda by Roidsboy from Crystal on 07/15/2011. Trim: 2001 Mazda Tribute DX V6 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Rides nice, comfortable, handles well. Also 4wd (not needed much) nice to have. Oil change every 5,000 miles and rotate tires at the same time.80,000 miles on 60,000 mile tires.(not bad) Just turned 125,000 miles (hopfully more miles)
Cons: MAINTANCE a little high (fuel pump,water pump, door handles, back latch) Normal wear and tear maintance
Overall review: Would buy another if need be