2001 BMW 7-Series

2001 BMW 7-Series Prices
2001 BMW 7-Series Fuel Economy
Sports Package Certified BMW by Miramar surfer on 04/17/2011. Trim: 2001 BMW 7-Series 740i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: My 3rd 7 series and first sports package. Certified with 30K miles. I just love this car. Buying BMW Certified is way to go. Best year and looks for all 7 series ever. Handles like a dream, performance of a sports car, comfortable, safe, great on maintenance. Great on wet roads sticks to the road. Has great features of new 2011 cars like Xeon lights, infra red wipers senors, titles/singer of music on radio, great air bag system, and good on highway mileage averaging 25 mpg. Had to replace water pump, belts, hoses, and themostat at 85,000 miles but it's the first major maintenance on the car. Only brakes, oil, battery, and tires. I hope to keep it for several hundred thousand miles.
Cons: Front sports seats could be more comfortable especially when you are driving all day. Had to replace each piece of my grill because it's all plastic and any rock thrown back that hits the grill will bread the tabs that hold it in place.
Overall review: This is the best BMW I've ever owned and best car I've ever had. It looks just great, almost still looks new and turns heads all the time. The M wheels and steering wheel are great too. I don't want another one because the new 7 series just don't look as good.
Review ID: #552026 Is this review offensive?
Ultimate Saloon by e740 on 08/24/2010. Trim: 2001 BMW 7-Series 740i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great performance, ride is smooth as butter, great sound system, SPORT seats are full of different adjustments, many features that are worth loving, great navigation system, for a heavy car gas mileage is decent, looks amazing, size is perfect, ample trunk room, ///M sport rims are awesome. SAFE
Cons: Germans can not make good cup-holders (They do not believe in having any beverage and driving), hard to see out of (blind spots), engine cooling system seems to be a problem, soft close trunk is a hassle, maintenance after 80k miles
Overall review: My dad purchased this car back in 2007 with 50,000 miles on it. It runs perfectly, like any BMW. I got the car for my birthday back in November and it has been a dream. I STRONGLY recomend this car. Its very safe and praticle. There are a few cons but every car is not perfect. Look for a $1,500 bill for fixing some leaks at or after 80k on the odometer. My mom was rear-ended by a Honda in this car and it held up like a tank.
My Ultimate Driving Machine by CarLover on 08/16/2010. Trim: 2001 BMW 7-Series 740i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Handling, style, reliable, comfort, acceleration
Cons: None worth mentioning
Overall review: I purchased my 740i with only 26,000 miles. It was one of the best cars I ever owned. I had to sell the vehicle in 2005, kicking and scratching all the way . However, if I given the opportunity to purchase the same model again, I would do so in a heartbeat. I've owned several luxury brands including, four Infiniti Q45's, two Mercedes (S and SL class), two Audi's, and years ago, one Lincoln Mark VII. The 2001 BMW 740i was the must fun to drive and for me, truly "the ultimate driving machine."
2001 740il, a mature car that weeds out immature owners by samuel las vegas on 06/03/2008. Trim: 2001 BMW 7-Series 740iL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handling, brakes, seating(especially the rear seats), ride, appearance, status when driving it, the thoughts that went into making this a car worthy of being at a higher level, quietness, and so on
Cons: the engine's cooling system's reliabiliity, gps is bothersome, sound system could use deeper bass, paint on entry foot panel scraps constantly, has problems with gaskets on oil and transmission bell housing, amd repairs by mechnics can become very costly.
Overall review: i traded a 1998 528i for a 2002 infinity q45, because i wanted a more stylish and bigger car. since that traded, i've come to the conclusion that that trade was a mistake. not that my q45 was a bad car, but that i didn't realize that the 528i was better than i understood. i was willing to keep my q45 until the wheels came off, but one evening, i happened to drive by prestige infinity and saw a 2001 silver bmw 740il. it took several days before i finally sat down with the sales female and took it home. though my q45 was loaded and paid-off, and though i had read about the problems and cost the e38s have , i did the trade. the main problem i've had is the engine's cooling system and engine gaskets failings. but if you are in the same situation as i, never test drive a 2001 740il. this car makes it nearly impossible to leave it on the lot. such a mature feeling of having arrived. the quality of thought to make such a car becomes evident once you grab the steering wheel.
2001 BMW 740i Sport "The Incredible Driving Experience" by MrMojorisin Southerner on 05/20/2007. Trim: 2001 BMW 7-Series 740i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased a 2001 740i sport about 2 months ago. I bought it with 107,000 miles in jet black with tan leather. I paid 24,3% of the original sale price. I have mostly owned upper end Japanese cars but never a BMW. I currently own a 2002 Mercedes C230K. What was I thinking? I never have owned or drove a BMW for over 30 years. What a MISTAKE !!! This car is extremly beautiful with its classic and timeless styling. The interior is equally beautiful and comfortable. The 4.4 liter engine works like the elegance and timing of The Lawrence Welk orchestra.
Cons: At this time I can only bring up fuel consumption. This car is not for folks faint on fuel.
Overall review: When comparing this car to a Lexus LS430 one can only say, one leans towards luxury while the other takes you out for an incredible driving experience. When you slip behind the wheel and take off, you feel like you are driving a tiny roadster, that is, until you realize howcomfortable it is and how much room you have up front. You cannot see any hood while driving which helps you feel the small car feeling. When you realize you are driving a five passenger beast of a luxury sedan you say, Wow !!! I have thought about it and ask, What more do you really want from an automobile?