2001 Volvo V70

Volvo V70 XC AWD by Juan from NC on 02/27/2004. Trim: 2001 Volvo V70 Cross Country (XC), Owned 3 years.
Pros: While others slide and turn on the snow, my car stays in control. It allows me keep an eye on other drivers. Even in the roads of Germany (at 130 mph) wet or dry this car was outstanding.
Overall review: Great car for a family of four
Good car by A CarPoint Consumer on 06/13/2001. Trim: 2001 Volvo V70 Cross Country (XC), Owned 1 year.
Overall review: It is fine.
Fast Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/25/2006. Trim: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This car is very roomy. The third row seat is great. Way better car than any minivan that we considered. Turbo is fairly powerful.
Cons: There have been some annoying problems with this car. Everytime we let go of the brake pedal, it makes this sound that sounds like air is coming out of it which is extremely annoying.
Overall review: Besides the annoying little problems, this is a great car.
buyer beware by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/17/2004. Trim: 2001 Volvo V70 Cross Country (XC), Owned 3 years.
Pros: Have a very sporty dark red color--looks good.
Cons: This car has had a warranty repair at least every 3 months since I bought it in 2001, including a total replacement of the transmission. I now have 45,000 miles (warrranty expires at 50) and I'm shopping for something new. A very troublesome vehicle. The dealers in two different cities are great, but I need something reliable.
Overall review: Good looking family car. Too many repairs.
dangerous blind spots negate safety factor by XC wagoneer from Seattle on 05/04/2003. Trim: 2001 Volvo V70 Cross Country (XC), Owned 2 years.
Pros: Volvo name and safety was the primary reason we bought the XC. It's a pretty luxury ride for the 4x4 capabilities.
Cons: Beware of blind spots. I know how to properly adjust side mirrors, but these mirrors are either not placed properly or not a large enough mirror to adequately cover blind spots--and I'm talking *with* a head check. I've had more near-misses in this car in 1.5 years than I recall in my previous 19 years driving. It sort of negates the Volvo "safety factor".
Overall review: It's a beauty and drives great, but be sure to check one out for 24+ hours and get a feel for how the car fits you and your visibility. Blind spots are so severe that we're looking into other cars now--even non-Volvo, if necessary.