2001 Acura CL

Awesome by Cheryl from Cherryvale Kansas on 04/04/2008. Trim: 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S with Nav. System, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my car ! It handles great and feels even better !
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: They will have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands.
Beware of this Acura!! by Bluedoor on 10/19/2005. Trim: 2001 Acura 3.2CL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The 3.2CL is a fairly attractive car. I appreciate the two-door coupe body. It is still an Acura and as my fifth Acura, I continue to be impressed with the service and attention my local dealer gives me.
Cons: As the fifth Acura we owned (between myself and my wife), we have had the most service issues with this car which is unfortunate because the other four Acura's have been issue-free. This car has had two transmission replacements with the current transmission starting to slip and feel soft. I'm counting the days until my new car (not an Acura due to my experience with this one and the poor current model selection) and hoping the car does die before my new one is delivered. I'll trade it to the dealer because I couldn't look someone in the eyes and sell it with a clear conscience. The car handles very poorly. The understeer and torque steer is beyond annoying and intrusive.
Overall review: Do not buy this car. I know several people with the 3.2CL and TL, which share mechanical components, and we have all had transmission problems. I had hoped that Acura could fix the flaw in the transmission but even the most recent (Summer of 2005) transmission is starting to slip and feel soft. In addition, the car handles very poorly.
Honda/Acura CL-S by Jack on 09/21/2003. Trim: 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S with Nav. System, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very elegant with great lines. Great Honda quality and engineering. Very thoughtfully laid out car.
Cons: Slightly understated styling. Manual not available when my car was purchased, so the automatic is, of course, not as responsive as I'd like for a performance car.
Overall review: I'm a Honda/Acura fan... reliable cars with great performance and engineering. Trouble and hassle free. I love my CL-S. Now, if only they came out with the manual version a little earlier...
Taut, Smooth, Graceful!! by J-Pilot from Ft. Lauderdale on 12/02/2002. Trim: 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: V-Tec Sings!!!
Cons: FWD-Front Wheel Drive!!
Overall review: Just enough luxury and power for the money....
CL-S best bang for the bucks by far by louisn on 09/06/2002. Trim: 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fast, smooth, luxurious--Great seats--engine wails at high RPM and pickup is outstanding. Backseat is fine once you gety back there. Price is thousands less than vehicles with this much power and options. Test drive a CL-S after driving another car and you'll buy the CL-S and save $5-10,000,
Cons: Tires got hard and slick at 18000 miles. New tires made car handle and ride much better.
Overall review: GREAT car for the money!!!