2001 Mitsubishi Montero

A Must Buy SUV! by Craig - Albany, New York on 12/08/2001. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I recently had the opportunity to rent a Montero XLS Limited 4x4 when I was on vacation. This Montero was completely loaded with 6 way power seats with power lumbar/heat and leather, CD player, and a huge sunroof. I was able to put on roughly 500 miles while on vacation and I loved every minute of it!!! Smooth acceleration, ride, low road noise, comforatble seating, lots of storage, an beautifully styled. This Montero got better gas mileage for an suv than I had expected - better than my 4dr Eagle Vision ESi with a 3.3L V6 engine! The Montero was a 4x4!!! Hard to believe the fuel economy! Unfortunately, I had to return it to the rental company - otherwise I would have kept it!
Cons: The only thing I really disliked was the fact that the rear door swung open to the right. It did however open all the way, which made it convenient to load the luggage I had. (I am aware of the fact that this vehicle did not rate very well in crash tests.)
Overall review: With a low crash test rating, I would still buy one! (Even though it says I own one, I do not, but I plan on purchasing one soon!!!!)
A great Truck says road and Track by Jenks46 on 10/11/2004. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is great vehicle and the only bad Press on it is Consumers report who rated the Ford Explorer as a Best Buy. The car Pro's all ranked it high just someone at consumers didn't know what they were talking about, read the review it's not accurate, the 2001 limited which they claim they were driving comes standard with a over size sun roof. They said it was not in the test vehicle.
Cons: The gas milage could be a little better, but a V8 would only make it worse.
Overall review: This is a Great Truck and it's fun to drive ask any body who knows about cars!
The ONE and ONLY PERFECT 10 !!! by TrueFeelings from Los Angeles, CA on 08/18/2004. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I will not trade my Montero with any other SUV in the market! Great engine, style and interior. I have no major problem since the day I bought it. You will too, if your Montero is properly maintained.
Cons: If they can only make it a V8 engine, but anyways V8 engine means more gasoline consumption. OK, I changed my mind, keep it as V6, it is much better especially this time of high rising gasoline!!!
Overall review: Perfect 10 !!! I love the shiny interior that gets the people's attention.
Great SUV" Just too expensive!! by Luis on 02/19/2004. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Interior style is the bomb, great off road handling, nice city like style....has every options available. The xls has the Limited options...6 cd changer, Huge Moonroof, 3 seats and the last folds down...buy it on Burgundy and Gold fenders...best color...Wood interiors are the best...
Cons: "Slow, heavy, leather is not that good"
Overall review: Great interior, out of earth style...is it ahead of time or not that good??
owhay the suv of dakar rally by owhay on 12/01/2003. Trim: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: it is a beautiful suv which has more room and specially big sunroof. nice and huge looks. comfortable leather seats. you get 7 seater in this price, i think there is no match for montero in midsize suv's .
Cons: they should put v8 engine in it with at least 250 horsepower. put 18 or 20 inch rims standard.
Overall review: it's a cool ride