2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Great nostalgic look I love by Steve B. on 01/28/2012. Trim: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this car used 5 years ago. This car is really a very good automobile. For the size it is really very roomy and has excellent headroom. I like the way the seats sit with ethe angle they are placed especially with my back. Makes it really comfortable. Mine has the DC / cassette player and I really like that. Has the sun / moonroof as they call it nowadays. One of the main things I like is that this car can act as a small pickup. When you take the rear seats out it can carry quite a load. Even if you have something heavy it handles it nicely. Decent car for just about anything. I would buy again without hesitation. Have had none problems at all. Now has 103,000 +.
Cons: I can't say for everybody else. The chrome on the rims is flaking off. poor quality wheels.
Overall review: Same as stated.
the greatest van going by frankysp connecticut on 11/12/2009. Trim: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: i love the looks and the performance
Cons: only one thing the back headrests block your rear view
Overall review: AAAAAAAA++++++++++++
Best car ever! by bumblb31 from New Mexico on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Comfort, ease of getting in or out due to seat height, style, solid feel on the road, dependability. On a long trip, loaded, never noticed any loss of power. I am still in love with it after 8 1/2 years.
Cons: Turning radius, undercoat is white, car is a teal green, and paint chips show up more than if the undercoat was darker. Now spots on the roof where the paint is beginning to deteriorate, probably accelerated because of no garage, though someone said "it's a Dodge", suppose meaining poor quality of paint in general. Removed the head rests on the rear seat, due to poor visibility...I don't have passengers, would return if I did. When purchased, was protected by plastic over the whole vehicle. Evidentially it was taped to the bumpers, and after a few years, the tape markings showed up, and nothing I've tried will remove them..frustrating, but minor I guess.
Overall review: After, 6 months of research, could not see one here, treated badly at local dealer, found one 2,000 miles from home, wanted manual shift only, bought only one available, happened to have everything I probably wouldn't have asked for..cruise, leather, sun roof, never drove it, nephew did for me, had it delivered in Oct, 2000, and have never been sorry. I'm just under 78 years old, just returned in Nov from a solo trip of over 3,700 miles..my first. Had no trouble, wonderful trip, would do it again. I have never had the troubles other reviews stated, in fact, fewer than on my previous vehicles. If I am able to keep driving, and need a new vehicle, would probably purchase another PT, but only with a manual transmission...hope the PT never goes to automatic only, and that paint quality is upgraded.
Respect the PT by Sodalug in Michigan on 01/28/2008. Trim: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Some may argue, but I think the styling still looks good after all these years. Interior versatility is unmatched, you get more cargo room than a compact SUV, but still keep the upright driving position. I throw two bikes in the back with room for more gear. Acceleration is well balanced against good fuel economy. If you want serious speed go for the turbo.
Cons: While a very reliable vehicle, it is by no means problem free. The breaks are noisy when cold with no fix. At 67k miles starting to incur serious mechanics bills. Watch out for broken power window regulators at $300 a pop (both driver and passenger have failed). Starter key locking mechanism failed $400 to replace. Pistons misfire due to failing plug wires. Worst of all has been suspension work, while failing bushings are understandable after time, you should never need to replace a whole control arm at $500 a side. A leaking radiator could also cost you $400.
Overall review: Still strongly recommended, just watch it with older/higher mileage models. Might actually be a good idea to get the extended warranty.
What's not love about a PT Crusier? by SD Cuiser on 12/10/2007. Trim: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks, styling, and most of all it is one of the most fun cars to drive, I have a hard time deciding whether or not the PT crusier or my mazda miata is more fun to drive!
Cons: It doesn't accelerate as fast I would like, and I am a little dissappointed in the gas milage.
Overall review: This is a wonderful car, its reliable, safe, fun, and the list goes on. I left my midsized SUV for this car and don't regret it one bit. The traction control is great for my snowy climate. My parents fell in love with the car as well and cannot wait to buy it for my sister when she starts driving. I am considering getting a newer one!
Review ID: #519692 Is this review offensive?