2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

Fabulous, Dahling! by LuxLady from Wisconsin on 05/12/2009. Trim: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5L Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful, stylish exterior and luxurious interior. Even though the car is 8 years old, the leather seats are in great condition and the wood trim dashboard looks like new. Can't say enough about the high quality construction that must have gone into it. Silly thing, but I just realized that the compartment with the power connector is large enough to hold my pda and transmitter, so I can listen to books over the radio for hours on the road. No need to futz around with CDs or cables! All the electronic gadgets and displays made me a little uneasy about maintenance at first, but everything works flawlessly so far. Original equipment CD/radio/tape deck and speakers are great.
Cons: Can't think of anything significant. It gets about 23-24 MPG in town and has gotten up to 27 on the freeway, not bad for a 101,000 mileage car of this age. The original entertainment console doesn't have a data port. However, the radio works well with the transmitter and the PDA or ipod, better than the radio in my last car did, so I'm satisfied.
Overall review: I love it! It's not only attractive and comfortable, it's very well made. I bought the Aurora 3 months ago (have stuck to used cars for years), but this is by far the best car I've had. Seems a shame that the Aurora was made for such a short time. Nice to have such a luxurious vehicle for such a reasonable price.
My Sports/near-luxuary car. by Amann on 11/26/2007. Trim: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0L Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The electrical controls in this vehicle is unbelieveable. The way this car was built and the price it cost, makes you wonder what corners did GM cut to build this car.The overall style of this near-luxurary car is wonderful (the rims the interior and exterior style is great and very much up to date with newer cars).
Cons: V8 engine should have much more horsepower than it does. A lot of V6 cars are compedators to its performance. Mantinence on this car is extremley expensive and complicated to work on.
Overall review: I am not disatisfied with the overall car performance. GM should have never discontinued this flagship car, but instead transfer it to another branch of cars like Buick.
Review ID: #519229 Is this review offensive?
Looks are deceiving! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/14/2003. Trim: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5L Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks good on the inside and outside of the vehicle.
Cons: In the shop at least 10 times since I have had it. Has steering problems. Had a transmission problem. The steering shaft and stabilitrac system totally replaced once and now makes a terrible noise and thudding vibration when you turn in any direction. The dealership does not want to do anything about it. It has just kept on getting worse and I am tired of taking it in to be fixed. I would not recommend this car to anyone. It is beautiful on the inside and outside but a piece of junk when you drive it.
Overall review: I do not recommend this car to anyone.
WOW!!!!!!!! by Spunky from Wyoming on 09/27/2003. Trim: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5L Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car runs wonderfully! Compare it to any luxury car and it rates far above in my book. I love the seats. They move any way possible. The right side mirror moves down when the car is going in reverse. At first I had a hard time with it. But it has really helped seeing if I am going to hit a curb or if anything is behind me on the ground. Wonderful feartures!
Cons: Haven't had any problems with it. Great car!
Overall review: WOW! What more can I say?
Nice car by Style and Function from Ann Arbor on 09/17/2002. Trim: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5L Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: comfort, styling, accessories
Cons: wheel hubs rattle, front wind foil poorly attached, drags on parking blocks and loosens.
Overall review: Nice car, a lot for the money. Not at all dissapointed with the comfort or performance.