2000 Ford Taurus Wagon

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon Prices
2000 Ford Taurus Wagon Fuel Economy
Nice car for what it is by Bob from San Jose on 05/26/2006. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the room inside and the ride and handling. For what it is it handles pretty decently. I also have a Mustang Cobra. This isn't a Cobra but has decent performance (200 HP), nice ride and acceptable handling. Mileage ranges from high 15 in all city to over 26 at 75 with A/C. Actually a good looking car for a wagon.
Cons: None yet.
Overall review: I like it. It's now possible to change the stereo using a new front panel. Sometimes it would be nice to have a little more power but that's what the Cobra is for I guess. Bought the car used in January 2006 with 48,000 miles to replace an '85 Chevy wagon with 134,000 miles and a burned valve. The resale price worked to my advantage when buying it. I checked out smaller cars that get better mileage but most of them had more miles and higher prices.
Smooth Wagon by Ed from Saginaw, MI on 10/02/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car has been extremly reiable, the only service performed have been Factory recalls and oil changes. For the size I get 27 MPG highway and 25 city, I think this is very decent. It also handles line a sports car. The sets are extremly comfortable, it has a smooth and quiet ride
Cons: I lacks acceleration especially for passing on 2 lane roads
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone, I recently turned in my company provided 2004 Malibu because i could not stand it and switched to driving this 2000 Tarus wagon. It is a much better car at 4 years old than the new Malibu
Very Good Car by Robert from Winchester, CA on 03/30/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's quiet on the road, it has 8 seats (3 in the front, 3 in the middle, and has a fold down bench in the back that, seats pre teen kids.)
Cons: none
Overall review: It's a great car.
OK. But not for me. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/15/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Third row seating good for small children. Large cargo area and generous second row seating. Roof rack. Decent Highway mileage. V6 power has nice kick for merging and passing even when car is fully loaded. ABS is nice feature. Cruise control. Nice top end power. Feels stable and tracks well at highway speed.
Cons: Repairs! including front brakes(twice), radiator, second row seat belts (twice), wiring problems (recall), charging sytem (two batteries in three years). Handling is floaty and imprecise. Wind noise and road noise at highway speeds. Very poor in snow.
Overall review: As a family hauler it has served its purpose. Its gotten our family of four plus dog there and back every time - so far- But too many repairs for a 2000 model year with only 55K on the odometer. Ford should be able to do better.
This car saved my life by Pam from Ft. laud FL on 02/27/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This vehicle saved my life when I was rear-ended at high speed. The force of the impact pushed me into the car in front of me. The damage to the car was very minimal to fix and I was completely uninjured. The police who were at the seen of the accident were completely amazed.
Cons: Have had a few minor problems with one of the rear door locks but this is the only thing we have had and we bought this car used.
Overall review: I would purchase this car again. Just for the safety of it alone.