1989 Ford F-150

1989 Ford F-150 pictures are not available
1989 Ford F-150 Prices
1989 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
The rusty Beast by jeremy on 03/01/2011. Trim: 1989 Ford F-150 SuperCab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great family truck, Plenty of room for wife and kids. Hauls great
Cons: Getting poor gas milage bought for kinda cheap. Have had to replace plenty of parts still working on it. Havent figured out why it will eat a full tank of gas in less than a week. Only gets driven from work to home. Any tips Also cuts out rough idle
Overall review: Great truck to have when not having to replace parts and when its running good.
You Can't Kill This Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/28/2009. Trim: 1989 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This truck has been in my family for twenty years now and it is still going strong. I do all the maintenance on the truck myself so I have a good idea where it stands on longevity, and it shows no signs of leaving the family anytime soon. I have replaced almost everything that is replaceable but that is not unexpected for a truck that is twenty years old with 200,000 miles on it. Parts are still widely available and at much more reasonable price than modern trucks. Just about everyone I know who owns or has worked on this model of F-150 just says that this is one of the best trucks, ever and will not die.
Cons: My particular truck is showing some esthetic signs of wear because I drive it to work every day. One side mirror doesn’t stay straight (will have to fix this), the original bench seat is getting worn, and the paint is flaking. Many components have been replaced and there are a few know issues such as the oil pan gasket leaking and the tie-rods. I have already replaced both with third-party reengineered parts which are freely available. The truck might not be much to look at compared to a brand new F-150 but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Overall review: My wife keeps asking me when I will get rid of my truck and I keep telling her “when the wheels fall off.” Since I keep the truck in good shape I don’t expect the wheels to fall off for at least another 100,000 miles (nothing a new set of wheel bearings can’t fix). Yes its old compared to today’s standards but it is the most solid vehicle that I know of. If anything goes wrong or breaks I just fix it and wait another six months to a year before something else major comes up. I just hope my next truck will be as dependable and long living as this one.
Oldie but goodie by Corey from Emmaus on 07/08/2009. Trim: 1989 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Roominess, winter traction, ice-cold a/c
Cons: Rear wheel well and tailgate rust, 9mpg, loose steering, front tank fuel tank pump failed (with a full tank of course)
Overall review: With 242,000 miles and having been used as a construction vehicle (very hard miles) for it's first 15 or so years it has some wear and tear but overall I'd recomment an old Ford truck to anyone.
The Beast by J. Lowrey from FL on 11/30/2008. Trim: 1989 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: These trucks are a dime a dozen, meaning they are cheap. I have the in-line 6, and it has ample low end grunt. Matched up to the 5 speed manual, this truck is very torquey. This truck can handle towing any load. The brakes work very well and with a set of coil-over helper springs, I feel comfortable towing anything. The 4.9L is a very reliable motor, I have not had problems with it, even after 190,000 miles. I like the dual tank set up as well.
Cons: Not very many cons. Ford's have always had loose steering though. Even with a new gearbox, drag-link, and tie-rod ends, this truck has considerable play in the steering wheel. Obviously, this truck gets terrible gas mileage, but who buys these trucks for that purpose? One big complaint of mine is, the rake. The front of the truck sits way lower than the rear. Even with skyjacker 2" coils, it still doesn't sit as high. One last negative, even though I stated the 4.9L is a very good motor, it has terrible upper range. These motors get just as bad gas mileage as the V8's do and with less power.
Overall review: Awesome truck. Very reliable. I have put this truck through a lot, and it still amazes me. Between towing, off-roading, and just normal street driving, this truck does great. The list for aftermarket parts for these trucks are endless. I would definitely recommend an old Ford to anyone.
Built ford tough by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/20/2008. Trim: 1989 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: this truck is great for hauling, and the 5.0 302 has a good amount of get up and go. handling is easy and brakes work fine. seat are comfy and there's alot of room inside the cab. i think 3 adults can sit more comfortably in the cab of this truck than in a mid size sedan.
Cons: the gas is 12-14 mpg with the 5.0 but the 2008 trucks barely get any better mpg. factory paint job is not the greatest
Overall review: i would recommened this truck to any one.
Review ID: #522056 Is this review offensive?