2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Love Hate relationship by Kismet (midwest) on 02/22/2008. Trim: 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Styling, versatility, strong resale
Cons: Weak engine
Overall review: Very impressive looks, design, and versatility. Not as rugged or useful as we would have liked. Barely capable of pulling a pop-up camper into the wind. Bad detonation on mild accelaration.
BEST BUY by Rachel in DelaWHERE? on 03/07/2005. Trim: 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is so versitile.. I have already moved two rooms of furniture in it. We use this truck to go on family trips and commute. All this with a 6 cylinder. Easy on my wallet and high in luxury.
Cons: Nothing. All cars have problems from time to time...
Overall review: For the money, you cannot get a better vehicle. I test drove others like it but never felt as comfortable.
Awesome Truck! by Shyanne in Georgia on 07/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the fact that it has a lot of room inside the cab for a mid size truck. I have added features like a bed cover, custom pinstriping, and wind guards on all six windows. My sport trac is going to be around for quite some time and I do not have a wish for any other vehicle. I will be getting married soon, but I know if we start a family there is plenty of room inside the truck for all of us. I do not want anything else!
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Excellent! I have had minimal problems with it, just mainly maintenance and that is to be expected.
MY "GIRLY" TRUCK by TAMI FROM PLYMOUTH, INDIANA on 03/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The extend-a-bed is an excellent option.
Cons: My husband's ex-wife purchased a sport-trac one month after I did!
Overall review: My vehicle has interior room like a car, but I can haul items like a truck. When the extend-a-bed is inside the bed, I use the space between that and the tailgate to haul groceries, etc. The 4WD is great, since we live in the "sticks". The handling is great! I couldn't be happier with my "girly" truck!
Sweet...... by A1cntrler in Chesapeake, VA on 01/03/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Love the Styling. Makes all the other wanna be (Nissan) look like poopie (Only word MSN would allow...)
Cons: The seats could be a a bit more comfy, on long trips they can feel stiff.
Overall review: Go for it. If you are looking for a ST, the 2001 one used will be a good vehicle. Room for the kids and a new refirgerator at the same time!