2000 Isuzu Amigo

2000 Isuzu Amigo Prices
2000 Isuzu Amigo Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Best little 4x4 I've ever owned! by Joshua from Roanoke VA on 05/04/2006. Trim: 2000 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD Soft Top, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the 2nd Isuzu Amigo that I purchased. This is an Ironman Edition with all the features. Soft top and even sun roof are easy to remove. I like the 4x4 in the truck. Has about 54k miles on it and we have taken it through several trails already (pics at rockymountvadotcom). When placed next to a Jeep Wrangler, the Amigo did very well, actually it did better than the Jeep. The only thing thats different from the two models is that the Jeep has more flex in the forn b/c of the solid front axle as Where the Amigo has indep. front and solid rear axle. Over all the Amigo is a true go anywhere little truck, mud, snow, creeks, bakc woods, etc.
Cons: I dont like the push button 4x4. Although, Isuzu did make the standard floor shift from 4x4 high to low. The radio was swapped out for a nicer one and theres no place to mount a cb inside or out. Also with gas near $3.00, it doesnt get good gas mileage like a ford focus does, about 300 miles per tank of gas. cost about $35 to fill up each time.
Overall review: The Amigo in my judgement is a very good little truck for the money. It's not a Jeep or H2, but people are really amazed when I go 4x4 'n with them. Other 4x4's that come into class with it include, Jeep Wrangler, H2, Honda CRV, Ford Explorer Sport Edition and Chevy Blazer.
100K Review by Ian on 02/08/2005. Trim: 2000 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD Soft Top, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I've had this truck for 5 years now with over 100K miles on it. Looking back, it was a bargain. I swear the V6 is stronger now than ever. This truck has taken a beating, I gun it every where. I think gas milage is good for my driving style. Good Off-Road. I've driven it on the outer beach in Orleans, Cape Cod probably 30+ times and have never had any problems in the foot plus deep soft sand. Great on road handling for what it is. It has very predictable over steer, at least with manual transmistion. If you looking for a 4X4 race truck, this is it.
Cons: I've had a problem with exhast gaskets every 33K miles on the dot! It cost a couple hundred to fix. Some may say that's bad, but I don't mind because it's predictable and has never left me stranded. In comparision to the 99 Mercedes CLK 430 I had, this car is VERY reliable. Perhaps if you compare this to a Honda, it may not seem as realiable, but Honda doesn't make anything like an Amigo!
Overall review: I shift near red line. I downshift into second going into turns and pin it comming out of them. I realy pound on this truck because it's soo fun to drive. A word of caution though, if you mind a somewhat harsh ride this may not be the vehicle for you. However, if you despise body roll and mushy suspension travel this may be just what you're looking for
looks cute, under the hood is bad news by shocked and disappointed on 06/10/2004. Trim: 2000 Isuzu Amigo S 2WD Hard Top, Owned 3 years.
Pros: cute
Cons: major problem with the design of the timing belt and pumps. when the belt breaks, the valve and water pump- are destroyed. Hard to get service, Isuzu customer service will not help you. If your belt break on the weekend, no tows available.
Overall review: will never buy another isuzu
For the young at heart! by Mac on 03/01/2004. Trim: 2000 Isuzu Amigo S V6 2WD Soft Top, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Best vehicle I've ever owned, been to utah fishing, Oklahoma and now Los Angeles!
Overall review: Great!
Best of Both by A MSN Autos Consumer on 01/14/2003. Trim: 2000 Isuzu Amigo S V6 4WD Soft Top, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: In summer it's a fun convertable and in winter it's 4wd dependable. The best of both worlds wrapped up with 205 hp and 4500lb hauling ability.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next