2000 Hyundai Accent

2000 Hyundai Accent Prices
2000 Hyundai Accent Fuel Economy
Great Economy Vehicle that is fun to drive. by Sound Guy from SLC, Utah on 05/04/2011. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Accent L, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I purchased my Accent new in 2000. I had A/C installed. (big plus) and I purchased a dash cluster with a tach and it switched out easy as pie. I really like the look of the 2000 model year compared to earlier and later models. It just looks good to my eye. Mine is Red of course with the Grey cloth interior. It has held up very well. It does have a little road noise but nothing severe in opinion. I like the 5 speed. I put 15“ inch wheels and wider tires on to improve looks and handling. Mileage is great 28 town and 34-38 highway. Replaced a fuel pump which has really been the only major repair. (so far) With only 44,000 miles on it, most people think it's brand new. Best thing, It's paid for!
Cons: Shifting sometimes gives me a little trouble going into first at a stoplight. I have to go into second then into first. Wish I would have purchased a spoiler and installed it. Rear wiper would be nice. Never had one on any other car so, non starter. Overall I have no complaints. I keep it serviced by the book and it has been a wonderful purchase. I figure by the time I have 100,000 miles in it it will be 22 years old. Nice!
Overall review: I would highly recommend and have the Accent and Hyundai in general as a great bargain. I have 8 friends who drive Hyundai from my recommendation and they are all satisfied owners. Maybe I'm blessed but mine Accent has been a great vehicle. Although not the best touring vehicle it does well enough and is fun to drive. It has been to the Grand Canyon, San Francisco, San Juan Islands, British Columbia Las Vegas and even Peoa, Utah! That's by Park City.
I got what I was looking for by Steve from Fort Myers FL on 03/28/2004. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: A/C works great. It has been a reliable little car - can't say VERY reliable (I've had to replace the battery, the throttle control sensor, and a couple emissions controls, but the warrenty paid for all but the battery). No problems with paint coming off or any discoloring. Good gas milage, about 34 in city and 37 on the highway.
Cons: The sewing-machine motor of an engine makes for very sluggish acceleration. Fortunately I live in south Florida where there are no hills to climb. Expect to have other drivers fly around you and flip you the bird as they roar past.
Overall review: I wanted a car with two qualities: inexpensive and reliable. I got what I wanted. There's no way you can have cheap, reliable, and luxurious all three. I chose the first two. I am a school teacher. If I were to give this car a grade, I'd give it a "B minus".
Review ID: #420724 Is this review offensive?
City car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2003. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Accent L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Economic $$$, appearance, mimimum gas consumption, good city car.
Cons: Bad breakes and AC
Overall review: OK for the city, never for a highway
solid car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/27/2003. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: Workhorse of a car. No complaints.
accent Willy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/13/2003. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: ok