2000 Hyundai Sonata

2000 Hyundai Sonata Prices
2000 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
BE READY TO BEND OVER! by disapointed never again! on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like the style and price. the warrenty is what sold us.
Cons: First of all, the paint was comming off this car at 7,000 miles, i was told by the district manager that i should wash my car more. HELLO the paint is falling off!! They never honared their warrenty when it came to the paint.
Overall review: This was my first new car i still own it after 8 years. If i knew then what i know now, i would not have bought this car. I went to trade it in 2 years later and was laughed at by two dealers.My car is so rusty from poor paint application i am surprised it passed inspection. There is also a major investigation by the ntasa about the frames of these cars. The cross frames rot out so soon and severly that the wheels fall off while driving.
Best of the Midsize Cars by Frank on 02/08/2008. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I like the style of the vehicle. Very nice and comfortable interior. For a 4 cylinder it does have alot of power.
Cons: Getting in and out the vehicle can be hazardous. I am only 5'9" and have hit my head a couple of times. Car will bog down abit when going up a steep grade.
Overall review: I bought this vehicle brand new and have had NO major problems with it. The Warranty is the best around. For the money, this vehicle far outbeats Toyota and Nisson.
My Last vehicle that I will buy by Bruce on 01/07/2008. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Bought new in 2000, have followed all maintenance recomendations, and added some of my own. No problems at all, good performence, average MPG is 20 overall, not bad compared to todays technology. Love my vehicle
Overall review: Excelleny vehicle overall
Hate it by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/16/2007. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Its affordable.
Cons: I've really only had a few major, consistent problems with this car. First off, once it hit 30,000 miles, I started losing lots of power, and this car doesn't have much power to start out with. Its been in the shop for up to six weeks at a time trying to fix a oil problem that it still has. What has bothered me the most is that the paint started falling off only a few months after I got the car. Hyundai won't fix the problem, and it got so bad that even the guys at MAACO suggested replacing it rather then trying to repaint it.
Overall review: I'm embarrassed to drive this car and I can't wait to get rid of it. At first, I thought Sonata's were good cars, and I just got a lemon. However, after reading other reviews, I started seeing similar trends. I believe that Hyundai has probably fixed a lot of those problems since then, but I don't think I could ever buy another one.
Think Twice by RM in MA on 08/10/2006. Trim: 2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Comfortable car, good size, good looks, easy in the city and on the highway, 30 MPG or better WHEN in good repair (which is not too often) and drops to about 24 MPG combined when ailing. Excellent handling, everything still works well EXCEPT the important stuff, the mechanical stuff, like brakes and wheels.
Cons: This is a good vehicle when it is available but it has spent WAY too much time in the shop. I bought it new and had the front hub replaced within 5K miles. Today I had both fronts replaced again, I think that is now six times, at 67950 miles. I have had the windshield wipers not work, steering not work, brakes replaced (mechanic asked me if I parked in or near the ocean, answer is no, driver wear so no warranty coverage), alternator replaced. Also has dents and paint chips but they are not Hyundai faults. Far too many repairs that started almost immediately. On average I am in the shop every month or 2 for one thing or another. Time to move one.
Overall review: I think this would be an excellent car IF you could get one of the good ones. I do not think that I did. However, I am not anti Hyundai yet, just feel like I was cheated especially after reading some of the other comments here.