2000 GMC Jimmy

2000 GMC Jimmy Prices
2000 GMC Jimmy Fuel Economy
Been extremely Lucky and Loving it by Whatyouinfor on 08/30/2009. Trim: 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Bought this SUV used @ 78,000 miles. Exspected the worse as it was already 7yrs. old! To my surprise I've had little problems with this Jimmy. I read some of the other reviews people have written and feel "Blessed" with owning this SUV! I do have the minor problem with the gas gauge not reading properly, but its not a problem. I keep this truck filled with gas at all times. When it gets to half a tank, it gets filled back to full...That has not been an issue and I have not replaced the sender as of yet, most likely won't...This SUV has been mostly very sufficient, has good torque for pulling my 20' boat in all the mountains, has never totally overheated. Drove this SUV cross country, No prob
Cons: All the reviews that have been written by others, meaning I've had little things go wrong as others have had tremendous issues with this SUV! I guess I'm one of the luckier ones as I've only had to repair the Driver's window motor. Did it myself and saved hundreds! Also had an air conditioning problem, that was easy fix for the price of $50 from a repair shop...Other than what I've mentioned already I feel uneasy for the others that have had problems, as I've had minimal! There is nothing that i dislike about this SUV.
Overall review: By my calculations this SUV is rated an 8.4 on overall, and that is not too awful considering what others have been through!
THE GIRLS SUV by MR CLOWN SUR GANG X3 on 06/13/2007. Trim: 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4-Door 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THE GAS MILAGE IS DECENT AND HAS ROOM FOR FAMILY
Cons: NOT ENOUGH ROOM OVERALL I HAVE AN ESCALADE THATS PERFECT FOR A MAN JIMMY S MORE OF A GIRL SUV
Overall review: GREAT FOR A FEMALE, AND OR JUST TO SAVE GAS
Nice to look at by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/17/2005. Trim: 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Like the way it drives and have had fun off road with it. Seems sturdy.
Cons: Getting sick of taking it to the mechanic. Trouble started with turn signal switch and Transfer case module (no 4WD). Then it was thought that the fuel pump was going out. Then it started dying on me again...while driving...AAAAggggh!!
Overall review: Think twice before purchasing this vehicle.
Review ID: #481920 Is this review offensive?
Cool SUV/TRUCK!!! by Houston on 11/07/2005. Trim: 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The car performs everyday - rain, sunshine, and cold weather.
Cons: GMC was not looking forward in their production of this car - there was no availabilty to get a CD player with a tape deck.
Overall review: The Truck performs!
Mechanical Nightmare by Rob on 02/05/2004. Trim: 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nice dark blue color (never buy a car because of the color)
Cons: Actually has left me walking and had to have it towed to a shop twice. Uncommon electrical control problems. Very unreliable. Dealership doesn't even know how to fix it!
Overall review: Lousy SUV. Plagued with mechalically problems...something different every 6 weeks or so. A true LEMON.