2000 Porsche Boxster

Good when it runs. by Jason on 04/25/2012. Trim: 2000 Porsche Boxster Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car has a low center of gravity and perfect front / rear weight balance. I drives easily and can out perform more powerfull cars. The car is beautifull.
Cons: I have gotten what must be the lemon of Porsche. At 70,000 miles I have had several problems. The airbag mounting system had to be replaced to fix sudden horn honking. The cooling reservoir in the trunk cracked and required replacement. The throttle body malfunctioned and required replacement. The engine control module went out requiring replacement. The repairs cost a fortune. I have payed twice for the car.
Overall review: This is a fun car to drive. Reports indicate it is a reliable car by my experience was not good.
Best car i have owned! by I have been converted! on 12/10/2011. Trim: 2000 Porsche Boxster Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I was looking for a very reliable car. That did not require driving to the gas station and then to the dealership for what ever problem. I am very pleased to say that after 5 years with 140,000 miles now and ran over two dead deer with this car. I have replaced a battery, windshield wiper blades, serpentine belt, tires, 4 rear light bulbs and of coarse the oil separator. Oh and the usual oil changes. I am impressed and i have not babied this car! I have drove this car very hard! Best handling car I have owned thus far and it still runs very strong!
Cons: Not as fast as I would have liked it to be. The newer models are better.
Overall review: If more people did there research, they would be driving a Porsche. I have learned to appreciate there engineering marvel! Great job Porsche!
No Substitute by Drive it like you stole it!!! on 12/03/2001. Trim: 2000 Porsche Boxster Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power to weight ratio is perfect. This vehicle combines elegance and true sports car behavior. It is an awesome evolution of the Speedster. Porsche has taken every possible use of space utilization and integrated it into a perfectly balanced car.
Cons: Any changes that need to be made can be done with Tequipment ie: throatier exhaust, storage system etc.
Overall review: With some driving skill and lots of practice you can out drive almost anything on the road. I walked away from a boxster S with 33 more also had no trouble keeping up with a new 'vette I am not saying it is faster than either but I am saying if you can't drive well no car will perform well ie: Nick from LA. Learning how to drive a performance vehicle takes more than just buying one.
Great Roadster!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/16/2005. Trim: 2000 Porsche Boxster S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's a blast to drive!!! Trouble free!!!!! It's a Porsche. Nothing like driving a Boxster S through the Blue Ridge Mountains every one you pass in a blurrrrr is in awe....Room for bags and golf clubs.
Cons: Nothing.... it's a Porsche Roadster...
Overall review: Great car to become a classic!!!!
The ultimate sports car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/06/2003. Trim: 2000 Porsche Boxster S, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: Great handling and performance.