2000 BMW X5

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
top of the line by rexy on 01/16/2008. Trim: 2000 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the styling is very distinct. very comfy
Cons: expensive to work on
Overall review: love it
Drives like a car, but tows and snows! by Derek from Seattle on 10/26/2005. Trim: 2000 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the size, agility and style of this car. I'm also getting 19 highway, 22mpg on a backroad drive I do at 40 mph everyday. Much better than the 13 city, 17 hwy rated. The mileage drops fast if you get after the go pedal, but for normal driving, good mileage is achievable.
Cons: There is definitely a maintenance aspect to owning this car, but overall it's pretty solid. If you are able to find a solid independant mechanic, then you should be OK. Look at it htis way, you're buying a 6 year old car for 40k less than new, if you spend 2k/year in repairs and preventative, you're still way ahead.
Overall review: Love the car, but I'm a BMW guy. Very confident, easy to drive, sharp looking, safe and powerful.
DO NOT buy SUV by Paul, Hou TX on 05/12/2004. Trim: 2000 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Color
Cons: Gas hog. I've already had major repair on the trans...low quality German vehicle.
Overall review: Poor German engineering; lost faith in them.
X5's are a piece of JUNK. by BurnedBad in Houston, TX on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2000 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Looks Great, until the water-based paint gets chips all over (in about 1000 miles). Runs well, until it boils over b/c the radiator is 4 times too small (my "service" guy told me that). Gadgets are cool, until the Hungarian light bulbs in the turn signals (says my "service" guy) burn out for the 4th time in 8 months b/c they're no good. This REQUIRES a service call.
Cons: Paint scratches off of the plastic interior door handles almost instantly. Rubber molding falls off in 1500 miles. The Momentum dealership in Houston had me sit there for an hour to replace a part. I found out later that they actually hadn't done anything b/c they never had the part.
Overall review: I was so happy when I got this car. Now I pity the driver of every X5 I see. Bavarian Moter Werks may make other cars that are great. I will never know as I will never buy another. DO NOT buy anything from the Momentum delership in Houston,TX. Everyone I know that has feels ripped off by them. I swear I'm not making this stuff up.
The "Ultimate Fun" SAV by Lovin'myX5, Concord, NC on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2000 BMW X5 4.4i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's a fun, quick, quiet, tight SAV. The most fun I have had with one. It lets you be rugged without giving up the luxury feel of a car. Demands respect. Service Dept. has been awesome to me, no problems like others have listed. I have used the Road Assitance twice and both times I was treated with the utmost respect and felt that they truly were concerned about my safety and the safety of the car.
Cons: Cup holders... too close together- they had it perfect in the 3-series. Back Glass a little too slanted... makes it hard to use all the space in the cargo area. This past year I have had several problems with Air Cond. fans, tail light, doorlock and computer sensors(small things)
Overall review: Overall I love my X-5.. Even with the problems I am glad we bought it. It performs great and I love the looks. After all what car doesn't have its problems...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next