2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon

2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon Prices
2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
The Real Truth from a Saab fan! by Jose on 05/18/2006. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon Gary Fisher Edition, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great styling. Lovely to drive when not falling apart after warranty ends. I love Saabs. But I don't recommend them to anyone looking for an easy car to maintain. Get a Mercedes, Audi or BMW or something assembled in Japan (not a US assembled Japanese car).
Cons: It's falling apart. Saab wanted $3000 to fix my ABS unit. I had it rebuilt for $275 and did the work myself. I've replaced so many parts on this thing... I estimate I've saved about $7,000 doing the work myself. Saab babbles on about "good will" and how they want to keep you as a customer. I doubt they drive Saabs. If they do, I'm sure it's always a new one.
Overall review: Great if you like to work on cars. Saab USA Customer Assistance should be renamed the "The Wall". One rep. even laughed with me at all my troubles with the car. You have to, or you'd go insane. Look at this response from the loonies at Saab: Goodwill assistance considers the vehicle history and also the owner of the vehicle, unlike warranty claims which just look at the vehicle and maintenance history. Goodwill assistance is our way of thanking owners who support Saab USA and our dealerships. If a vehicle is purchased from an independent car dealership, and is not serviced by authorized Saab dealership, then even though someone may drive a Saab they are not supporting Saab. While no money is being given to Saab, money is requested from Saab. The warranty (4 years or 50,000 miles) is Saab's way of standing behind out vehicle. Goodwill assistance is Saab's way of standing behind our loyal customers. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Sincerely, SAAB USA
Review ID: #492026 Is this review offensive?
'00 9-5 Aero Wagon by RickH on 11/26/2001. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon Aero, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This SAAB is an excellent vehicle, fast, comfortable, sporty and stylish. It is roomy and versatile, the perfect answer to low gas mileage, hard riding SUVs.
Cons: Nothing so far.
Overall review: Great car.
Ultimate station wagon by Mac on 04/03/2005. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon SE V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: comfort, handling on the road, solid construction
Cons: maybe the 9-5 could use more head more, improved fuel efficiency
Overall review: 9,5-10. This is my second Saab (I had many volvo's in the past). I am very impressed overall.
Sporting wagon. by Haulin' on the Olympic Penninsula on 11/12/2003. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon SE V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Unique styling and creature comforts. Shure footed vehicle that will get you there.
Cons: Major service intervals, 60 & 90 K are expensive.
Overall review: I'd buy one again!
best car ever by zip from Dallas on 04/12/2014. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon SE V6, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Power power power. You can set the cruise at any speed and it will hold no matter what. Sticks like it's glued to the road.
Cons: Too easy to drive too fast. Keeping it maintained.
Overall review: Bought mine used, currently has 150k miles. Will out perform many more expensive and prestigious sports cars much less wagons. You should have seen the look on the guys face when he saw a wagon pass his G 35 and he could not catch up. Only problem now is parts and good mechanics, I do most of my own work ( just replaced the water pump) and if you don't do your home work you can spendway more than you need to ( $22 vs $67 for the pump), not to mention the labor, ( 650 at Saab shop 200 at independent or 2.5 hours of my time). Great running car and a bargain if you can do a lot of the regular stuff yourself.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next