2000 Saab 9-3

Best car I've ever owned by Ian (Boston) on 02/28/2012. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-3 SE 5-Door, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Good seats, excellent fuel economy, excellent all-round daily driver.
Cons: Can be maintenance intensive (but only if neglected early on).
Overall review: One of my favorite cars, it's fast, handles well and gets excellent fuel economy. I average 28.2mpg in a mix of city and Hwy driving. Take the precaution of running synthetic oil and CHECK THE OIL LEVEL frequently. Most of the problems arise from low oil levels and subsequent oil starvation. I've had almost no issues with my car, and it has 125K on it. AC compressor went at 90K, but that's the only thing that has been a real issue.
Very good car...excellent commuter by Some Kid from Connecticut on 12/16/2008. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-3 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very powerful vehicle. This car took me by immediate surprise when I test drove it. I was looking for a nice car with a lot of power options (Saabs come standard with everything!) but I was amazed at the performance. If you're going to get this car, GET THE TURBO - it's very powerful and worth it. The seats are very, very comfortable and does not make your back hurt during extended trips. Saab did a very good job with the overall styling of the car. The back trunk is MASSIVE. Seriously, you can fit a small refrigerator in the back no problem. I'm a college student and I moved into my dorm room in one shot - I filled the back of the car with everything I needed. HUGE 17 gallon tank
Cons: I've had this car go in for repairs much more often than I would have liked. I've owned this car for the past 3 months and within the past few months I have had a new clutch, new slave cylinder, tie rod, axle, oil pan (Saabs do tend to leak oil), valve cover, valve cover gaskets, and other misc. stuff. It was covered under a warranty but if I wasn't, I would have easily spent anywhere from $1500-2000 just in the 3 months I've owned this car. The repairs are ridiculous but it does run very well once everything is fixed! I don't like how there isn't an arm rest for the driver...
Overall review: It's a very good car, gets anywhere from 25-29 mpg depending on driving conditions. I love how big the gas tank is...17 gallons. Honestly, I could push 500 miles to a tank if I really wanted to - amazing for road trips. The repairs can be pricey but these cars do last a very long time. You must be religious about changing the oil every 3,000 miles (max) if you get the turbo. The Saab turbo craves fresh oil and depriving it of this could cause further damage to the engine.
SLUDGE VICTIM-PIECE OF GARBAGE SAAB 9-3 CONVERTIBLE 2000 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/11/2008. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-3 Convertible, Owned 5 years.
Pros: its' a convertible- that's the best I can do I'm so bitter....
Cons: VICTIM OF OIL SLUDGE....born from jets my foot!! bought it in Aug 2003, problems started in March 04 but under warranty fortunately - $2000 worth of problems but the Saab dealer caused more problems - they supposedly fixed my 3 oil leaks and broken tranny mount but I got it back with broken a/c compressor and hissing noise due to loose hoses. repalced master cylinder, power brake booster, a/c compressor, brakes I dont know how many times, tires over and over and now Merry christmas to me, the engine seized 3 days before Christmas at 91,000 miles due to oil sludge and oil was changed very regularly at 3000 miles. WHAT A HUNK OF JUNK!!!
Overall review: JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!! NEVER AGAIN WOULD I BUY A SAAB - when I see one on the road I yell at it! HATE THIS CAR!
YfvRNaWeFLUGfdlhbz by ezshift5 on 07/09/2012. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-3 3-Door, Owned 9 years.
Pros: That's a clever answer to a trikcy question
Cons: That's a clever answer to a trikcy question
Overall review: That's a clever answer to a trikcy question
Love the car, hate it's reliability! by Mike on 06/04/2011. Trim: 2000 Saab 9-3 Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Stylish and good on gas.
Cons: Before buying this car, search for saab forums like sabcentral. This brand is plagued with many very recurring problems like bad turbo charger at 80k miles or better, bad vales, bad hydraulic lines and ram/cylinders, unstable electronics and so many more. I bought this car after studying it on this site. After all, it's got a high rating here. Don't take my word for it, just google the repairs I've mentioned, they are frequent and the parts and mechanics are rare and absurdly expensive.
Overall review: Fun car to drive, frequent and expensive repairs.