2000 Land Rover Discovery

Cool, but too Costly. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/21/2011. Trim: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really enjoy driving this rig even if it's slow... you just feel like plodding along, enjoying the ride. It's unique and stylish and turns heads.
Cons: There's always something going wrong. Got the 3-Amigos recently and spent $1000 on a tranny service and a temperature sensor on the tranny and a temp.switch on the tranny oil cooler on the rad.... cleared the codes... everything was OK again until the other day when I couldn't get it out of Reverse... probably the linkage between the shifter and the tranny... but who knows? May be something costly again. One rear door won't open except from the inside. LOUSY gas mileage.. and uses Premium gas..so these days it's very expensive to fill up ( in the order of $100 a tank) Under-powered.
Overall review: If I had more dough I'd keep it... only owned it for 8 months, but there's always something going wrong and I can't afford the repair bills. If there was a local mechanic who worked on these things I'd probably give it more time, but I need the AWD for the coming winter. Just found a Lexus RX300.. same vintage... that looks promising. Sad, because I really like it. :(
I love owning this truck! by roverguy67 from maryland on 04/06/2011. Trim: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Unbelievable off road capabilities, safety, classic looks
Cons: Placement of ignition, and lack of diesel option on models sold in the USA... this truck has overly soft brakes
Overall review: This is my 5th Land rover and the first used one that i've ever purchased used. I knew that it was a one oner truck with all the right maintenence performed. It has been nothing but a joy to own. One thing everyone should know when purchasing one of these vehicles is that require regular maintenance. They can be as good or as bad as the mainteneance that they receive. We currently own a 2010 range rover that has avery different feel to it than the 2000 "disco".... I LOVE driving this truck. It is SOLID, and has a wonderful ride. They can have problems... my sunroof doesn't open... not a problem in my book, the truck is 13 years old.... when I get around to it i'll get it fixed... but the main thing is that i've had no mechanicle breakdowns, other that routine maintenance on any of our land Rovers. I see lots of very negitive reveiws of this brand, and I just don't get it. If you want a VERY SOLID truck... this is the vehicle for you!
2000 Disco by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/16/2001. Trim: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice high up ride. Great visibility and good handling.
Cons: Slow acceleration for a V8, I find it very sluggish, proabably because of its' weight.
Overall review: Great vehicle overall.
Nice fit and finsh but very poor reliability by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II, Owned 3 years.
Pros: nice rugged and luxurious
Cons: constant mechanical problems
Overall review: This is the worst reliable vehicle i have ever owned. I have owned 2 and they both have not been anything but trouble.
The best SUV in the market by Tito from Miami on 04/22/2009. Trim: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Great SUV with an impresive handling considering that is 4X4 all the time. Back seats have an excellent view of the front road. Xtremmly secure as it handles as a big truck. Mine is 103,000 miles mostly trouble free, and I use her every day to work as a salesperson. When I moved to Miami I decided to bring her with me from my home country and now my daugther is going to use her for college
Cons: Poor fuel economy, ABS trouble at 73,000 and still on it. Besides that she is awesome.
Overall review: The best car I have ever had. I have owned BMW, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Audi and Volvo