2000 Ford Ranger

Will always be my vehicle by Al on 04/21/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Reliability, gas mileage, interior room
Cons: Not much.  Wish I hadn't gotten the step side with reduced bed size.
Overall review: After 9 years and 120,000 miles of trouble free service, I'm thinking of getting a new one...in about 5 more years and another 60,000 miles.
Ford Tough by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2000 Ford Ranger XL Short Bed 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: tough... durable, it's taken a beating and i'm still driving it
Cons: sensors and e-checks. the problem i have is im 6'2 and no till steering wheel. bought it used.
Overall review: look for a ford i have 182000 miles on it and it still runs i think i changed the alternator once and forgot to chnge the oil in it for oh like a year so about 15000 miles and the sucker never died. i think ford made this truck and said nope too reliable need to make it cheeper...
All You Need! by Me&MyRanger on 09/05/2010. Trim: 2000 Ford Ranger XL Short Bed 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I bought this truck new in 2000 for $9195. Only 50,000 miles later it still looks new. A friend of mine put 150,000 miles on his and only changed the oil.
Cons: Read Consumer Reports. They have no idea what a truck is for though. It needs weight in the back to keep the rear wheels on a wet road. It's a truck!
Overall review: You can't go wrong when it's a 4 banger with manual everything.
Decent truck by Just me on 05/06/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Short Bed 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like this truck and have had little problem with it. I have well over 200,000 miles on it.
Cons: Have a miss I can not seem to get rid of
Overall review: Good truck for the money all is good
Built Ford Tough by Ron from NWI on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: 1500 lb payload, 2200 lb towing, 4x4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears w/ limited slip, 3.0L FFV V6 engine; it's got more than enough power to get up and go.
Cons: Torsion bar IFS, would much rather have coil springs; I much prefer the more aggressive looking front-ends of the newer models than the '00;
Overall review: 9 years old and I finally had to put in a new battery - mine was the one in the truck the day I brought it home from the dealer. Last year, I hit a deer at 40 mph, and only caused some minor cosmetic damage. My neighbor and friend looks back at the Wrangler he bought a year or so after I got my Ranger, and he now wishes he has what I have and not that Jeep.