2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon

2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Prices
2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Fuel Economy
too many problems by Gruff Dan on 01/30/2012. Trim: 2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: nice looking and driving car. You can use regular unleaded with the 1.8t without performance or mileage problems.
Cons: The 1.8t engine, if the oil isn't changed regularly with full synthetic oil, you will get sludge....I bought a used 2000 wagon 1.8t with major sludge. The oil warning light would come on in a hard corners. Rear disc brakes wear prematurely. Mass air flow sensor problems. My brother-in-law is a 21 year VW mechanic and told me not to buy this car. 5 months after selling it, I received a letter from VW offering to help pay for a new engine, that was because of the sludge problem.
Overall review: Do not get the 1.8t.
Wagons' are the way! by sjbikes in Oregon on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: If you are looking for a great alternative to the non-4-wheel drive SUV, then this is the vehicle for you. Great mileage. Great acceleration. And just plain fun to drive on long trips or around town. Living in an area where winter travel can be a bit rough, this vehicle has never let me down. With or without traction devices!
Cons: The cupholder complaint is getting old, but, that is the only defect in the overall design. Pretty petty, but it is a "con".
Overall review: Love this vehicle! It has taken me across the country 3 times! "Road trips" are always welcome, and for some reason, I am always the one who winds up driving!
Piece of The Wagon Junk Family by Minivan Mom from Yorba Linda, California on 04/06/2003. Trim: 2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nothing, except for the fact that it is ok in performance the tiptronic is a good chioce with that who needs a V6 or W8! If you have a family dont buy it at all!
Cons: Where to start... 1. The Clear Bra on my White Car Turned YELLOW (it looks like a squireel peedded on it) 2.The Black Cloth Turns Multi Colored With all of the Cloth that Sticks to It 3.Then it is impossible to get any of it off!! 4.All 4 of the side moldings came off . 5 The Back Seat Cupholder has been replaced at least 6 times. 6.Been locked in 2 times with the stupid very confusing lock system malfuctioning. 7.Things Fall off left and Right 8. Don't lose one of your master keys will cost you 300 DOLLARS TO REPLACE!!!
Overall review: If you have a Family i would direct you in the path of a Minivan you will grow to love it so will your kids! But if you are dumb and chose the other path you will be counting down the days till your lease is over just like me...5,4,3! In Fact we already have reserved a Minivan and Cant wait till April9 to FINALLY break free from that very stupid 5 year lease!!! So I would never suggest it for your family at all!!!
Best Buy's car of the year, a lemon... by VW fahrer on 03/16/2005. Trim: 2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Safety, Comfort styling
Cons: Too many problems, wheel bearings fail, door hinges falling off, motor leaks oil in catalytic convertor, failing radiator, car sometimes does not accelerate when needed, open sunroof causes extreme vibrations in car.
Overall review: If it was not for the fact that the car fits a 6ft8 person, I would sell it immediately.
An extended sports car by SAK on 12/10/2003. Trim: 2000 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Bought this vehicle after I was almost run over on the Autobahn (the Chevy couldn't go past 100 mph, when I really needed it most!). For 2 years this vehicle traveled throughout Europe before bring back to the US. I was made for the long high speed haul. Loved it! Now that it has traveled the US highways (and helped me get my first ticket in 8 years, forgot it was a bit slower here), I still love this vehicle. Come close to trading up into another VW, but this one keeps calling my name.
Cons: Cup holders. The 2001 model corrected this. Why couldn't they done this in 2000? Seat adjustment on drivers side, hard to get to, but once set, not a problem.
Overall review: Excellent. I have had only one problem, it was a defect in the trans housing, when cast, and broke my speed sensor. I was in Germany when this happened and the mechanic, who worked for VW said he never seen anything like it. Will I buy VW again? Without doubt.