2000 Audi A6

The worst car I've ever had by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2008. Trim: 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Styling. Large interior and cargo space.
Cons: It keeps breaking and very expensive to fix. Only one cup hoder for the front seats.
Overall review: I spend sevral thousands for the last 3 years. It just keep breaking one after another. Passenger side window stopped closing ($400) Oil Leak ($2,800) ABS ($1000) Water temparaure gauge ($200) Check Engine light - I don't remember exactly what it was ($2000+) Window main switch ($200) And there are other minor problems that I don't want to bother fixing. This car just eating our money every year. This is the only Audi I've ever had, but I'll never buy an Audi again.
2001 Audi A6 2.8L Quattro - Woes - Avoid buying! by Never buying another Audi on 12/20/2007. Trim: 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 7 years.
Pros: comfortable ride
Cons: First oil leak at 35k miles, just out of warranty. Cam actuator seals leaked. Cam seal leaks are another common problem. ABS control module went out at 50k miles. Many electrical problems with the airbag system, seat belts, alarm system. The stereo had to be replaced under warranty. Some displays on the dash are messed up. Audi does not stand behind it's cars. Audi service is very poor, as it took multiple visits to fix numerous electrical problems we experienced in the first 3 years of ownership. Audi Customer Service is poor; they are neither helpful or honest.
Overall review: Although we really enjoy driving the car, overall reliability and ownership experience has been very disappointing. We have friends with the same car with similar issues. Unless you're willing to fork over big $s to keep your car running after the warranty period, I would avoid Audis all together. Reading the Audi forums, the issues we had seem all too common for Audi A6s. This is my last Audi ... too bad for me that resale for the car is terrible.
Review ID: #520442 Is this review offensive?
Buyer Beware by Cedric in Tulsa on 10/28/2007. Trim: 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nice car, Looks Great, Great style. Nice performance and features. Looks great when it's actually running and out of the repair bay.
Cons: I had more Costs in Repairs over two years than I paid for the vehicle. Not very reliable, Poor mechanical design, not durable, Poor quality parts, Service staff knew me all too well. Too many things to constantly repair. Sometimes I would take it in and something else would go wrong before even got it back home.
Overall review: I would never recommend buying one of these cars unless you can do a lot of work yourself or you have deep pockets because the audi dealership will definitely have it's hand in your pockets. Beware of the dreaded O-rings. They always leak. I was charged $2300 in labor to replace $40 worth of O-rings. Riduculous. Bad Sensors, ECM's, Switches....Nightmare of a car to own. I'm going to sell mine and I will never buy another audi/vw product again
Pocket drainer by Perry on 01/18/2007. Trim: 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I'm having a hard time figuring out what I like about it. Maybe the look at first but not after the trips to the dealership. It's like have a cute girlfriend with bad attitude. It makes her look ugly.
Cons: Where do I start! Leakages everywhere. Overheating. I have a Mercedes CLK 430 and it does better on gas than this 2.7T. I see the new A6 is a little better on gas even though it's a 3.2ltr. Save a lot of money for the mechanic before you dream of owning this car.
Overall review: Just don't buy it.
Fire breating -2.7 A6 t quatto by Paul -Boston on 10/29/2006. Trim: 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: the best laid out interiors in the industry ,and loads of standard equipment, the Quattro is superb in any situation! the Tiptronic Porche tranni is superb as well as the twin turbo engine ,Wards did not pick this engine 2 years running for greatness for nothing ,and with chipping the computer and exhaust you get a staggering 340 Hp and over 400 pounds of torkue!
Cons: the engine is a total pair to work on , over engineered ,even oil lines can be a 8 hour job.
Overall review: the overall picture if the fine piece of German technology is superb . I got a 50k vehicle for 15k ,compare this to any new 25k no comparison.