2000 Toyota Avalon

2000 Toyota Avalon Prices
2000 Toyota Avalon Fuel Economy
The best doggone car by Bob on 09/17/2011. Trim: 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Greatest car I have ever owned in the 65 years I have been driving. Smooth, Quiet, lots of pep
Cons: Nada
Overall review: Best choice that was available
Great full sized sedan. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/12/2004. Trim: 2000 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The ride is excellent on highways, very good on secondary roads, it is very quiet, it handles reasonably well, it is low on up keep, it is reliable, the interior is nicely appointed and it is, overall a very comfortable car to drive.
Cons: The transmission could be better; a five speed that braked on hills would be ideal. The brake rotors rust badly and have to be replaced when the pads are replaced. I have found this to be the biggest problem with the car. A better grade of steel would solve this problem. This is unacceptable in a car in this price range.
Overall review: This is a fine automobile and I would certainly buy another.
best car we have owned by John A Berger on 08/25/2004. Trim: 2000 Toyota Avalon XL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: first NEW vehicle we have owned that didn't have to go in for repairs.........
Overall review: iwill buy another........
4 Year Avalon by Cesar from Montebello, CA on 03/05/2004. Trim: 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very quiet and comfortable car. Plenty of power for its size and great gas mileage. The front & rear passenger room is more than adequate.
Cons: Handling sometimes is loose. Could use bigger rims and tires to give better handling.
Overall review: Excellent car for the money.
An Avalaon convert by Cactuscoug from Tucson on 01/17/2004. Trim: 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Bought through a neighbor as a lease-return vehicle with 34,000 miles. Now has 58,000. I change the oil myself every 3000 -- 4000 miles. Had the brakes replaced at 50,000 miles. I coveted this car for a long time and replaced my '95 Olds Aurora with it. Very dependable and inexpensive to operate. I use regular gas and get 22 mpg city and 30 mpg hwy. The big decision now is whether to hold this car for 150,000 - 200,000 miles, or talk to my neighbor about her 2003 XLS that comes off lease in 2005!
Cons: After much thought I come up with no negatives. Some people mention the styling, but I have no problem with how the car looks -- inside and out.
Overall review: I love it!! The Toyota reputation is well-earned. And, "made in the USA" as well. I will never go back to GM. If you keep up on your oil changes, this car should run forever.