2000 Pontiac Montana

My love for a van by Linda on 04/08/2010. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 2 years.
Pros: My van went through a tornado two years ago. After having every window blown out and being spun around, it started right up. I couldn't believe that after all that it was still completely reliable. These vans are machanically sound, especially if you keep routine maintenance done.
Cons: When something needs to be changed, there is no room to work on the vehicle. Just changing the spark plugs takes a contortionist.
Overall review: Over all the vehicle is completely sound. Driving it is nice and really does allow for family fun and time especially with the extended earphone and radio capabilities, extra comfort controls for the rear passengers. I love my van and would recommend it to any one.
Very nice van. by Zo6lady from Fairbanks, Alaska on 04/10/2009. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I have lived in Alaska for 38 years and this is the best car I have ever owned for driving on snow and ice.
Cons: At -35 degrees, the automatic sliding door quits working. The cup holders are chintzy. When you put a drink in the cup holder it won't support more than about 12 oz.
Overall review: Overall, this has been a great vehicle for us.
poster child for junk by john from Erie on 09/12/2006. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Styling and ride is nice
Cons: Too many mechanical problems Don't puchase without extended warranty. Vehicle costs $700 a year to keep going. At 89000 starting to run hot always adding coolant. Had towed to garage many times. High road noise. Looking at foreign cars this time. We purchased this new.
Overall review: Fuel pump went at 50000 miles Lots of front end repairs. Very expensive to repair
BAD review by Lori from SJ on 02/25/2005. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 5 years.
Pros: plenty of room, comfortable on long trips.
Cons: major problems from seat belts to power door, 2 cracked manifolds, plenty of electrical problems, leaking windshield, radio malfunctions, melted wires in video player - you name it, we've experienced it. thank goodness for the extended warranty, or we would have been spending even more money to fix it.
Overall review: I thoroughly researched about the vehicle, or at least I thought I did but we've had lots of unnecessary problems for a 5 year old van. Customer service at dealership has been marginal - they hate to see us coming. Would NEVER buy another Pontiac. Dad has had problems with his Bonneville and sister has had to get a rebuilt engine on her Grand Am that is barely 7 years old! Pontiac needs to improve GREATLY.
You can get better for the money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/16/2005. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great Vehicle for getting around. Great Family Vehicle
Cons: Spending an average of 700 bucks a year to repair stuff from the time we bought it new in 2000. Had transmission problems, brake problems, engine problems, fuel pump problems.
Overall review: I would not recommend this vehicle until Ponitiac starts to have some real quality control. I would go with a honda or a toyota!!