2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Prices
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Fuel Economy
Black Diamond by Millie, Portland,OR on 04/28/2004. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Platinum Edition. Super options. Comfortable interior. Nice styling.
Cons: Turning radius tight in small places with awd
Overall review: I love this vehicle. I bought with 69,000 miles and I have had no problems.
I think we got a bad one... by Joe from NE on 05/13/2011. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love all of the features. It's very well equipped. The leather seats, the seat warmers, and all of the other stuff that it comes with it is very nice. Another thing is it's great in the snow with a decent set of tires. It's like a tank. Last winter during a snow storm when the weathermen were telling everyone to stay home, the Bravada was doing a obstacle course around all of the other cars slipping and sliding.
Cons: This thing is always in the shop. Fortunately, we got an extended warranty when we bought it, but even that is now void, because the costs of repairs have exceeded the sales price of the car. Less than 100k miles and it's had significant issues. Heater Core, Fuel Pump, Rear End Rebuild, Idler Arm, Motor Mount, Upper and Lower Ball Joints to name a few of the items. Its latest problem is it recently leaked coolant from the cheap radiator drain plug and overheated and now it's got something very wrong with it. It probably needs new heads at least, or even more, maybe a total rebuild. The overheating has done it in. . It idles very rough and is wayy down on power.
Overall review: I think we got a Lemon. My cousin has a 1999 Bravada. Like us, he has put in serious money to his Bravada, but 125k that is expected, but his is in perfect condition. I can't believe how much night and day it is to ours. Compared to his, ours seems to be a piece of junk and it seems to have been underpowered all along since we got it . I just thought that it was heavy and slow, but my cousins isn't nearly as bad. Perhaps the previous owner overheated it also and this 2nd overheating was just the final straw. Plus our gas mileage is around 12.5 since we got it, even after a tune up. So I suspect that it's had significant engine issues that just didn't come forth until now. But, after 3.5 years of ownership and over 8k worth of warranty work, there it sits with significant engine problems. It's really to the point where I wish we hadn't bought it. But live and learn, we are looking for a new car now. We hope we can get the "fair" condition value from it on a trade.
GREAT TRUCK by YOYO on 12/16/2002. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: GREAT TRUCK RIDES SMOOTH AND HANLD GREAT
worst experience!!! by angry in Nashua, NH on 01/08/2002. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I liked the looks and the fact that the shift was on the floor
Cons: the amount of time it was in for service. I bought my 2000 bravada 6 weeks ago and so far it has been in the shop for 3 weeks. I have yet to get my truck back.. The problem cannot be diagnosed and I am stuck paying for a car that I am not driving..I am very unsatisfied and I am hoping to get out of this truck and into another SUV other than a Bravada very soon.
Overall review: would not recommend, unless you like riding in rental cars.
A vanishing breed by Pete from the bay on 07/24/2001. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfort and visibility
Cons: Gas milage could be better
Overall review: Great vehicle. Its a shame they are going out of business