2000 Nissan Pathfinder

"The Best Bang for the Buck" by Snazmo from NC on 09/14/2006. Trim: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: love everything!!!
Overall review: Love the truck
Great Vehicle from Japan. by S.F. John on 04/01/2012. Trim: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliability, Reliability, Reliability. This is John from S.F. again with an updated review. Today is 4-1-2012 and I just turned over 166,000 miles on my 2000 pathfinder. I just returned from Palm Springs in my pathfinder, a round trip of approximately 650miles. No major drive. But once again, going over the Grapevine (outside L.A.) I wish my pathfinder had more power. The 192hp is not enough, I have to practically floor it for the engine to kick down into overdrive. Gas mileage is still about 18mpg on the highway. Before leaving I had to put on new brakes, (2nd time), new plugs (2nd time) and simple tune up, oil, filter etc... nothing major.
Cons: lack of power. wish it had at least 240hp. other than that, all is as I bought it. all good...
Overall review: I hope my next vehicle last as long and trouble free as this one. I was told by a wise man once to always make sure the first letter in the VIN number is a "J". which stand for Japan.
Japan built Pathfinder means reliablilty. by John from S.F. on 07/04/2008. Trim: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Interior fit & finish is comparable to a european sedan. Seats are like Lazy-boy recliners, huge. maxima engine is the best.super reliable. 4 wheel drive is excellent for light off roading.
Cons: Acceleration is a little too slow for this heavy vehicle. It has 192 hp. and thats not enough to move this 5000 lb SUV off the line very quick, but once it gets up to 70+ it rides like a cadillac. Also, gas mileage is always 17-19 mpg. This review is July 2008 and gas is 4.55 in Calif. so 17-19mpg doesn't cut it any more.
Overall review: Like the other reviewer I bought this in Nov. 1999 brand new for $31,000. It now has 117,000 miles on it , all trouble-free. I've done all the oil changes at 5000 mi. intervals as well as all the other required stuff. The timing belt I had done at 92000 miles even though the book says 103,000. I've taken it to Las Vegas from San Francisco at least 4 times, all highway, at 80mph. I've taken it to San Diego from S.F. at least 4 times, again a 500 mile trip, 80mph, with the a/c on. My last trip was S.F. to Rhode Island this past summer. Approx. 6500 mi. trip and not even a flat tire. I can't say enough about Nissan Maxima engines. They've consistently won "engine of the year" for several past years in a row. I think in the past 9 years, I've opened the hood probably 10 times total. This engine never burns oil. I don't even have a quart of oil in my garage! The interior is great with excellent fit and finish (built in Japan). My next car will definitely be built in Japan again. '
The ultimate Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/10/2004. Trim: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE Limited 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great 4wheel drive for bad weather
Cons: does not look as rugget as nissa xterra
Overall review: a great over all suv
NEW BLUE by A CarPoint Consumer on 09/26/2002. Trim: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Cons: REAR SEAT HARD GETTING IN AND OUT FOR TALL PRESON
Overall review: great ride for the family or for a single person also,check your insurance rates in your state!