2000 Lexus LS 400

2000 Lexus LS 400 Prices
2000 Lexus LS 400 Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Reasoned Review by Phreeze on 01/20/2004. Trim: 2000 Lexus LS 400, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The LS400 has good power in acceleration, is very quiet and stable on the road. The fit and finish is very good. Have had a few annoying rattles but they've been fixed easily. This is a great road car if you want power and a smooth ride. Like driving a powerful pillow. Good gas mileage for a luxury sedan. I get 23/24 mpg with combo city/highway
Cons: Not much of a handling car. It rolls a bit much vs. BMW. There is an annoying transmission surge when slowing down going down a steep hill (only in 1st gear). The turning radius is a little limited. Just about everything in the maintenance end is expensive but not more so than the competitors.
Overall review: I have been a Toyota owner for most of my adult life. I drove three Camry's a total of 540,000 miles. The problem with the Camry is a short box that, for me, causes leg and back problems. After test driving the LS400, it became apparent that I had out grown the Camry. If you want the Toyota reliability but want a little more in all categories, the Lexus vehicles are great. The LS400 (now LS 430) is the best of the Lexus vehicles
Enthusiast
The Ultimate Luxury Car by Colin L. on 01/15/2013. Trim: 2000 Lexus LS 400.
Pros: The ride, quiet ride, very quick, pur's when you get on it, back seat leg room, resale value holds up incredibly well, luxurious inside, all the wood is real, heated seats. The elegant, yet simple dash gives you your average MPG's, Instantaneous MPG's, Tank MPG's, Miles Driven, Estimated Distance until Empty, Average Speed, as well as time. Excellent sound system. Huge sunroof. All fully automatic windows. Cushy ride. Seemingly endless amount of options for the front power seats. HUGE car, makes the driver feel safe. Highway and combined gas milage is not too bad. The list goes on and on, there isn't enough space to cover the half of it.
Cons: Gas Milage in the city. It is rated at 18 MPG City, and 25 MPG Hwy. I do mostly highway driving and it is very easy to get every bit of the 25 MPG if you drive it correctly, sometimes more. However, I have run a few tanks of gas driving only in the city, and that V8 will let you know it. Driving it in a Downtown area on vacation not so long ago, I only really got 14-16. But driving in a suburban-type area, you can pull anywhere from 16-19ish (give or take). With that being said, combined (both hwy and city), the car can easily get around 20MPG.
Overall review: Best car I have ever owned. I am a serial entrepreneur in the Kansas City area that is now 20 years old. Ever since I was little, the 2000 Lexus LS 400 Platinum Edition has always been my dream car and no matter what was out at the time, I was going to buy that car. To me, the styling and elegance of that model always stood out to me. I have owned a 2008 Mercedes S500, 2009 BMW 7.60Li, and numerous other Lexus's since I've been driving and neither the Mercedes-Benz, nor BMW (even being newer cars) amount to what the Lexus holds. While it is a few years older, I found my dream car (the Lexus LS 400 Platinum Edition) in Sarasota, FL. Today, my 2000 Lexus LS 400 has a total of only 73,000 miles on it. While the age is older, the car still held an $18,000 price tag on it. You can find older ones with more miles for less, but NEVER let the milage fool you. A friend of mine, also a Lexus LS 400 enthusiast has a 1997 Coach Edition with 400,000 miles on it and still runs, drives, and feels new
Try Acura by fv on 07/08/2001. Trim: 2000 Lexus LS 400, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Smooth and responsive V8 power, Lexus nameplate
Cons: Plastic parts in the interior break very easily, bland design, multiple small yet very expensive engine problems, reminds me of an old crissida or a camry xle.
Overall review: When I first bought this vehicle, I was amazed to the fact that I have a Lexus. But as weeks/months went buy, I noticed that the quality of my car was poorly built. Many plastic parts in the interior cracked and fell apart. The ride is very nice and comfortable, but overall I was unhappy with my purchase. Perhaps I got a lemon, I don't know...but I remembered my old Acura Legend had much better quality, ride, performance, and even looks (I bought this Lexus just for the Lexus name). I eventually traded this in for a new 2002 Acura 3.5RL. I really recommend an Acura; it is much cheaper than a Lexus, yet it costs thousands and thousands of $ less. Acura's tend to be slower due to the V6 engines, but the ride, comfort and handling makes up for it. If you are looking for a Japanese luxury sedan, please try both Lexus and Acura before your purchase.
Great car by Bill on 06/18/2012. Trim: 2000 Lexus LS 400, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Quiet and smooth but still able to get up and go
Cons: Does not do well in snow.
Overall review: Strong dependable car that looks great especially with custom chrome wheels
"The Ultimate Brand" by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/13/2012. Trim: 2000 Lexus LS 400, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great Car
Cons: None
Overall review: Always owned lexus brand vehicles and reliability is second to none..
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next