2000 Lexus GS 300/400

2000 Lexus GS 300/400 Prices
2000 Lexus GS 300/400 Fuel Economy
My Ideal Car by Lao, Dublin on 05/13/2004. Trim: 2000 Lexus GS 400, Owned 4 years.
Overall review: Comforts of a luxury vehicle with excellent performance! Very smooth and quiet ride. Very quick and responsive. Modest gas mileage (I'm still getting 20 miles to a gallon). After 4 years and 36K miles, I've had no problems with it at all. It definitely lives up to the Lexus reputation of building reliable cars. This is a car I'm sure to be keeping for a while.
good performer, satisfies drive hunger! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/16/2007. Trim: 2000 Lexus GS 300, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am an automobile enthusiasist, when i am buying a car, i go through each and every details of the car and research a lot about it. I went to the dealer for buying a BMW and saw this car and took a test drive, BMW and Benz are only next to Lexus. its performance, handling and ride quality is matchless. Fuel consumption if driven very good is not bad at all. Audio system is simply good for this one. Maintenance is also not bad at all. I would recommend this one.
Cons: The paint chips away near the front bonnet and bumper. And some of the components are used from toyota
Overall review: a very decent car!!
Comfortable, reliable family hauler with class & horsepower! by BrickLover from Greensboro on 08/24/2006. Trim: 2000 Lexus GS 400, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car has been very easy to own. Most important is that my wife loves it, it's her car. We had a 2000 BMW528iTa (sport wagon) that I really liked but she really didn't like. The GS400 is much easier to use the features, doesn't have the problems my BMW was having and it's much faster. It's a reliable car that's comfortable to ride in but can be FAST when you need it. I love manually running the gears, especially holding it in 2nd and waiting to punch it to change to 3rd... The Nach stereo is awesome too, a ton better than the BMW. I love the huge sunroof, the wood trim and the amount of room in the cabin.
Cons: Compared with the BMW I had, the GS400 has fewer features offered. I miss the auto-sensing wipers, the 3-level heated seats (GS400 has on or off) and some of the other features. The GS400 doesn't handle as well either but probably because of that it rides much better. I don't like the 6-disc CD changer in the glove compartment and would prefer a single disc CD in the unit. I miss the little orange LED type lights in the BMW - very helpful for night driving.
Overall review: The GS400 is an awesome car. I love looking at it (mine's white with tan, 17" wheels, spoiler). I love walking up to it and driving it. I love coming up to a red light, hitting the Sport button and hoping, praying, someone jumps! I brought it into a Lexus dealer for an oil change and got a new loaner Lexus SUV. When I returned for my car the service person asked what I thought of the new SUV. I told him I thought it was ok, nice. He said, ‘we get that a lot from GS owners - they love their cars.’ Yeah buddy!!
Bavarian Beater by Van Whisnon on 06/29/2004. Trim: 2000 Lexus GS 300, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the Everthing about the GS 300! Mercedes Benz cant match this car dollar for dollar. I had an E- class that cost about $20,000 more and it falls short next to my GS 300.
Cons: I should have gotten the V-8.
Overall review: This car kicks major gluteus maximus. Germany beware! Japan has found the formula. Nothing in it's class can touch this car, can wait for the new version.
Who needs a BMW? by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/18/2004. Trim: 2000 Lexus GS 300, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Sharp and unusual styling. Exceptionally quiet, excellent build quality, runs like a top, very low maintenence.
Cons: Cost of Lexus factory replacment parts, especially filters, is very high.
Overall review: Great all around sport sedan. Much nicer interior than comparable German vehicles. Has a decent cup holder and you don't need to get into the trunk to change CD cassettes. What are the Germans thinking?. Good performance and handling with a nice sport ride.