2000 Ford Taurus

Good bang for the Buck by Auto Enthusiast on 12/15/2011. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Reliable. Peppy engine. Climate controls work and function well. Paint has held up great especially for an ungaraged Jersey shore car (sun/salt/moist air).
Cons: Suspension is a little soft for me and does not absorb potholes or road hazards well. Braking could be better. I do not like front wheel drive (this is my own opinion and has no reflection on it being a trouble spot).
Overall review: Though I have owned the car for a little more then a year, it has never let me down. I feel the Ford Taurus is a very good choice for the money. The 3.0 V6 engine is very strong after a short "lag" once the accelerator is depressed, but then it will push you back into the seat!
The fastest boat on earth. by Oliver from Quebec city on 12/01/2011. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Reliability: In 2 years I had to replace one thing, the starter. Cost me 40 bucks and changed it myself, Comfort, went to florida with it (I live in Quebec city) and still comfortable after a 15 hours non-stop ride.
Cons: Performance: The acceleration is good for the size of the car, but don't expect sport driving with this, it's just not built for it (push-rod engine make it very reliable, but it does not like high RPM). Gaz milage: Maybe a little high for a V6 but it's no big deal (i'm a student with a week-end job, the gaz in Quebec city is 1.25$/L or 4.25$/Gallon and I have no problem paying my gaz bill).
Overall review: A really good car if you want something that provides a good ride, with smooth accelerations and good reliability but remember, it's no sport car and it does not like to be treated like one. I definitively recommend this car to anyone, except The Stig.
Taurus SES by RD on 09/19/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus SE SVG, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Excellent low cost comfortable car. Duratec engine shows power.
Cons: Drum brakes @ rear.
Overall review: Take your time, check the vehicle good and buy one when you comes across one that hasn't been beat to death. Go w/Duratec power tho!
A solid car that is too often overlooked. by Jacob from North GA on 08/25/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The graphite blue exterior is a very smooth color that makes the car a pleasant sight to look at, and the camel interior is nice and clean looking, spacious (for a midsize car), and pretty comfortable. It handles good with its independent suspension and anti-roll bars. It get decent gas mileage for its size and weight it still got 1mpg better the the Toyota Camry (difference being 316lbs) The Vulcan V6 in it is an all cast iron OHV that is very durable enigne. Of coarse another big fact I like about it is that it was a top safety pick for the 2000 model year. They have also fixed the problems with the transmission that has plagued previous generation Tauruses and the stying is much improved.
Cons: With this generational update Ford (This is all before they got Allan Mullaly as CEO in 2006) had made some cost cutting measures like having only single exhaust instead of dual on higher end models, giving the only drum brakes in the rear instead of discs with the ABS system. For most daily driving conditions the car has good acceleration and braking but I would rather have the extra 46 horses and higher rev range of the Duratec 30 V6 and I would like to have disc brakes in the back but I know some people that can help me fix that.
Overall review: In a nutshell it is quiet, comfortable, safe, durable, and overall good daily driver that you can depend on. A little note that I could not fit in the pros box is that It has been wrecked wrecked twice and has survived with minimal damage both times. The first accident I ended up rear ending a late 90's Nissan Maxima that was parked in the middle of the highway, the back end of the Nissan was destroyed but luckily for me it only pushed in my hood a little and the bumper needs replacing, I only got a bruise on my chest from the seatbelt but it kept me from slamming face first into the steering column. After that all that was needed to make the car run was to flip the fuel cut off trigger in the trunk back into the on position( safety feature to keep cars from burning in collisions) and It was fine. The 2nd accident was on a dark rainy night and I ended up with the car rolled on its side in a big ditch. To my surprise the car was held up strong and kept me safe and it still runs good.
Good Car by Mielke on 07/17/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Taurus SE SVG, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Has a ton of power even mine with nearly 140,000 miles, nice styling and the interior is nice and big I am 6ft + and fit inside with head room still.
Cons: When wet the drum brakes make a real annoying squeaking sound, transmission is weak, when one thing goes wrong alot of small things go wrong making it a real headache
Overall review: Love the car, its dependable when everything is fixed and I average about 22mpg for a mix of city and highway which is good when you have a lead foot