2000 Ford Explorer

2000 Ford Explorer Prices
2000 Ford Explorer Fuel Economy
Good ol' exploder by Jon Boy on 01/17/2012. Trim: 2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I owned one for 3 years worst mistake I made was getting rid of it. 4x4 worked excellently only ever got stuck once and that's just because I was goin too slow ;). I loved the reliability, I replaced an alternator and wheel bearing hub were the most expensive things in the entire time I had it. Gettin another one here soon I miss my exploder.
Cons: Armrest was busted when I got it and that was because my step dad liked to lean on it every time he got in the truck. The only other problem I had was the rear wiper which I actually found a way to fix it without replacing anything I first bent the arm at the end so it'd touch the window all the way around then the wiper would get stuck in between the bottom of the window and the hatch so I loosened the nut that holds the wiper arm and moved it down a little tightened it up and it worked perfect.
Overall review: Treated me good while I had it make sure you get the 4.0 OHV motor I've read the SOHC motor has problems unless of course you want a v8 that's your choice. But I'm buyin another one as soon as I can so I'll have my exploder once again.
Wonderful SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/07/2003. Trim: 2000 Ford Explorer XLT AWD, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: We absolutely love our Explorer XLT, wouldn't buy anything else from now on!
Great truck by Rochester Dad on 03/30/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Truck has been super-reliable. Only once did it not start and that was due to a seven year old dead battery. Totally trust this truck even at nine years old with 115,000 miles. Awesome for camping; tons of space. Great in the snow. Heats up very quickly and A/C works great. Well laid out dash. All controls feel much stronger and higher quality than my Nissan van. Kids love the visibility in the back seat. We've taken this everywhere.
Cons: Rear wiper doesn't touch the window. Center armrest has broken off and too expensive to bother replacing. Difficult to replace sparkplugs myself.
Overall review: Hope it lasts another nine years and 115,000 miles. The only things that have broken are to be expected on an SUV.
good average SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/08/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: good average SUV
Cons: Rear wiper skips completly over areas
Overall review: good average SUV
Junk From Day-One by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/02/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Did not break down on the road (engine blow up while at the dealership for other repairs).
Cons: Transmission work at 5K miles. Engine bow up at 11K miles. Transmission work again at 20K miles. Rear window wiper doesn't work when it's raining (works fine when it's dry and sunny). Fuel infection parts replaced at 20K. Crank pulley replaced at 25K. Pings like crazy with regular gas.
Overall review: Never Again!!!!!!!