2000 Chevrolet Prizm

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Prices
2000 Chevrolet Prizm Fuel Economy
he small car by angelrose from Missouri on 03/08/2002. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Prizm LSi, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage
Cons: Too small
Overall review: Have had no problems with car so far.
not for me by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/06/2002. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Prizm Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's inexpensive and has high miles per gallon. Also has a good engine.
Cons: The unadjustable seating angle is killing my knees, which I didn't expect considering I'm only 5'3. There is not enough room for passengers to be comfortable either. I definatly would not recommend taking this car on road trips.
Overall review: I don't like this car and don't recomend it, very uncomfortable.
The ultimate budget car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/19/2012. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Prizm LSi, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought it new at dealership. Use it for short trips mostly. Has been very reliable, with proper maintenance. Quality of finish and materials also seems very good, solid value for money, except for the trunk interior. The car starts without fault in any condition. Can't remember that it ever stalled or trouble starting. Good paint and underbody rust protection. Excellent exhaust system. Quiet ride, especially low engine noise when warmed up.
Cons: Does go through some oil in very cold weather, otherwise OK. Rear suspension does not allow for any heavier loads and definitely not comfortable on bad roads. No split rear seat, rear legroom of a subcompact, trunk interior is the cheapest possible. Windows have no tint whatsoever. MIL light is sensitive, esp. the EVAP system which you should ignore, but has also alerted to real issues such as dirty MAF sensor, which will reduce fuel economy by 20%. The only engine issues have been prematurely worn accessories belt which was replaed under warranty. Also water pump for some reason started leaking and had to be replaced relatively early on.
Overall review: Recommended.
My baby car by Annette in Maine on 01/10/2010. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Prizm Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the economy, average 30 miles per gallon. Easy handling, very dependable and nice looking to go with the great quality.
Cons: I have owned it for 8 months as a second owner and so far I haven't found anything I was unhappy with.
Overall review: I hope this car last for the rest of my life. I am 70 years old and it is one of the nicest handling and dependable cars I have ever owned. I live in the cold climate in Maine and it has never failed to start .
Most reliable small car by djm4christ on 11/29/2009. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Prizm Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's efficient, never breaks down, always starts.
Cons: Size, it's pretty small. The inside door handles have broken multiple times. The air conditioning compressor had to be replaced.
Overall review: Aside from a few issues here and there, this has been a great car. I bought it at 34,000 miles, and now it has 82,000 miles. This is my 2nd Chevrolet Prizm, the first being a '99 3 speed automatic. It started at about 93,000 miles, and I got rid of it at 142,000 miles. I got the 2000 Prizm (5 speed manual) because the '99 was so good to me. I get about 41-42mpg on the highway because it's a manual, and unlike the '99 Prizm, the 2000 hasn't burned oil. I'm thinking this is because the '99 was a 3 speed automatic, putting more wear and tear on the engine. My friend bought the '99, and drove it until they wrecked it at over 170,000+ miles. No question, Prizm is the most reliable car I've ever driven. I love my 2000 Prizm, and will drive it until at least 150,000 miles+.